Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Announcements

Subject Topic: Valentine’s Contest Winner Interview Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Support on March-01-2012 at 17:16 - IP Logged
View Support's Profile Search for other posts by Support Visit Support's Homepage Quote Support Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Support
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-24-2007
634 Posts
The Valentine's Day Drawing Winner Interview: Robert Abdelmessih

You have probably heard of our Valentinea��s Day promo which was initially supposed to run from February 9 to 16 (in response to the numerous requests of our customers, we have extended it to February 23). With each order you made at My-Cuban-Cigars.Com, you received a special gift, as well a chance to win a Leather Humidor.

Our Valentine's Day Drawing is over, and the results are finally in! We present you the interview with the lucky winner of the H Upmann Travel Humidor, Robert Abdelmessih:

Can you describe your thoughts when you were told you were the winner?
I had to read the email twice because initially I did not believe I had won anything, I have never been a winner of any online drawing ever in my life so to experience something like this was absolutely great fun.

How long have you been dealing with My-Cuban-Cigars Store? Why?
I have been dealing with My-Cuban-Cigars for at least 2 years but I am sure you can pull up my first purchase order and tell me better than I can remember. Regardless though, the primary reason I am a customer is due to the convenience of your business but more importantly the exceptional customer service which is what separates one brand from another in the very competitive online world in retail sales. It also doesn't hurt that every cigar box I have ever ordered has been of fantastic quality and it goes without saying, 100% authentic Cuban tobacco.

Do you remember the first cigar that you smoked? Was it Cuban?
As a youth several decades ago, my first cigar experience was with a Cuban Montecristo No. 4. It was back then and still is your recommended gateway cigar prior to entering the vast myriad of manufacturers, National brands, puros, etc. Although it has been many months since I have lit a Mote No. 4 ... whenever I do, once those Cuban tobbaco leaves touch my lips I am instantly reminded of my youth and spend the next 30-40 minutes reminiscing of days that are long gone but of feelings that burn just as intensely.

What was your most wonderful smoking cigar experience? What you were drinking? What and who surrounded you?
My most delightful smoking experience in recent memory was a trip I had taken with my brother to Sydney, Australia. We were sitting on the balcony of the world famous Cohibar in Darling Harbour smoking a Cohiba Siglo II complemented with warm glasses of Hennessy Paradis during a busy afternoon with a perpetual stream of people bustling to and fro enjoying all the great attractions of the district.

Can you just give some advice or wish something to our customers?
I leave you with this; you could be smoking a Cohiba Behike 56, a Montecristo No. 4 or if you have friends in high places you may even have the chance to smoke a Gurkha His Majesty's Reserve cigar ... but in the end it doesn't matter. The only thing that does is the company you keep and share all the memories, thoughts, and feelings that seem take on a life of their own for the next 30 - 120 minutes. Just as the taste of a great cigar lingers on your lips hours after the cigar is extinguished, so too will that smoking experience remain with you and your mates hopefully for the rest of your life.

Why not have that experience begin with a fine box of Cuban tobacco from My-Cuban-Cigars.

Message posted by Clark on March-05-2012 at 12:14 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
It's a great news, Robert, I'm really glad that you have won the prize!
And I hope such contests will take place in future because I want a humidor or at least some cigars as well

Message posted by Jonathan on March-08-2012 at 17:08 - IP Logged
View Jonathan's Profile Search for other posts by Jonathan Quote Jonathan Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Jonathan
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-08-2012
1 Posts
Oh! So bad that I didn't make a purchase!
Congratulations, Robert! You're lucky!
I've just subscribed to newsletters may be will have some luck over there

Message posted by xxx01 on March-08-2012 at 17:36 - IP Logged
View xxx01's Profile Search for other posts by xxx01 Quote xxx01 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xxx01
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
February-02-2007
308 Posts
Congrats, Robert!!! Very happy for you!
Great contest and great interview. I truly enjoyed reading. Fair words and opinion that I totally share!

Message posted by Grey on March-11-2012 at 11:44 - IP Logged
View Grey's Profile Search for other posts by Grey Quote Grey Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Grey
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-11-2012
1 Posts

Robert, Congrats!
And when will be the next promo like this? Going to participate

Message posted by AlanDer on March-12-2012 at 10:57 - IP Logged
View AlanDer's Profile Search for other posts by AlanDer Quote AlanDer Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
AlanDer
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-12-2012
1 Posts
I wish I were that guy. Well, maybe I'll get lucky next time.

Message posted by Penelopa on March-13-2012 at 16:39 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
Hey Robert, you're a happy dude, do you know that? Have you already received your humidor? I hope you'll share some pics of it with us because everyone is curious about it, I'm sure.
Anyway, many congrats to you and don't forget our forum!

Message posted by TonyC on March-14-2012 at 16:15 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Hello Robert,
I'm glad someone has won the prize, and I don't envy you, at all ( ). It would be nice if you could indeed post some pics here with you standing happy near the humidor. We're all waiting for it :)

Message posted by Support on March-14-2012 at 16:19 - IP Logged
View Support's Profile Search for other posts by Support Visit Support's Homepage Quote Support Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Support
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-24-2007
634 Posts
Hello dear members, please don't give up your hopes as everyone is going to get a prize sooner or later.
By the way, our next promo is going to be on Easter.

-----------------

Customer Support
support@my-cuban-cigars.com

Message posted by Groundhog on March-15-2012 at 12:40 - IP Logged
View Groundhog's Profile Search for other posts by Groundhog Quote Groundhog Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Groundhog
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-21-2010
39 Posts
Hey-hey! Robert! You have luck)

-----------------
The world is not enough.....

Message posted by b0bby on March-15-2012 at 13:48 - IP Logged
View b0bby's Profile Search for other posts by b0bby Quote b0bby Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
b0bby
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-16-2008
112 Posts
Hurray! Be happy Robert! Sorry for not noticing this whole thing here - I was out of town for some time and didn't have access to the Internet! If I only knew about the drawing, I would certainly take advantage of the opportunity to get the humidor
Greetings from US!

Message posted by night-owl on March-19-2012 at 17:50 - IP Logged
View night-owl's Profile Search for other posts by night-owl Quote night-owl Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
night-owl
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-04-2009
27 Posts
Can't wait for the next drawing!!
Robert share some luck)))

-----------------
Boston's night-owl

Message posted by smokerhere on March-19-2012 at 17:52 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
I bet Robert has already received the humidor and put his cigars in the humidor :) I wish he shared his photos with us (maybe, it will smooth the bitterness of the loss a little).

Message posted by Winchester on March-23-2012 at 22:03 - IP Logged
View Winchester's Profile Search for other posts by Winchester Quote Winchester Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Winchester
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-16-2010
102 Posts
Congratulations, Robert! Great interview, too. I particularly liked your advice about enjoying cigar experiences with friends. Those are some very true words and I couldn't agree more!

Message posted by Howard57 on March-24-2012 at 07:27 - IP Logged
View Howard57's Profile Search for other posts by Howard57 Quote Howard57 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Howard57
Standard Member
Standard Member

March-01-2012
40 Posts
I have to admit, I'm not only a little jealous of Robert's cigar experiences, but Hennessy Paradis is quite a drink. That's a great way to enjoy life though, and I love the last few sentences of the interview.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register