Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  People and Smoking

Subject Topic: Cigar allergies Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Maisey on May-29-2012 at 00:35 - IP Logged
View Maisey's Profile Search for other posts by Maisey Quote Maisey Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Maisey
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
37 Posts
I know a number of people claim to be allergic to cigarette smoke. Oddly, a few of these people say that cigar smoke doesn't bother them as much. Are some people really only allergic to cigarettes and not to cigars? I find this strange.

Message posted by Fin290672 on June-25-2012 at 14:39 - IP Logged
View Fin290672's Profile Search for other posts by Fin290672 Quote Fin290672 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fin290672
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
November-14-2007
57 Posts
Cigarette smoke just smells a lot worse than cigar smoke.

Message posted by skip on August-09-2012 at 22:51 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
That is rather odd. My guess would be that they are not allergic to the nicotine or tobacco. There is a ton of stuff in cigarettes, so much that it is hard to tell what is in them.

Message posted by TonyC on September-06-2012 at 12:40 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Well, my guess would be that cigarettes contain a lot of harmful components a cigar doesn't have, that's why some people like smoking cigars, and don't stand the smell of a cigarette.

Message posted by Clark on October-04-2012 at 12:45 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
I heard that people could be allergic to tobacco, and not particularly to the smoke of a cigarette or a cigar. In fact, people could be allergic to almost anything in the world, so this specific allergy reaction doesn't surprise me at all - until I am able to smoke cigars and cause no harm to me or people around me.

Message posted by Camillo on October-21-2012 at 13:15 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
I don't believe that even half of the people who say that they are allergic to smoke are truly allergic. Some people simulate not liking something with being allergic to it.

Message posted by Dallas on November-17-2012 at 21:53 - IP Logged
View Dallas's Profile Search for other posts by Dallas Quote Dallas Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Dallas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-17-2012
44 Posts
My wife is one of those people who was allergic to everything under the sun as a kid. She spent eight years going to weekly allergist appointments in an effort to get past much of it. Cigarette smoke was one of the things she was allergic to, but she doesn't seem to be anymore. Also, I don't think she ever mentioned having a reaction to cigar smoke.

Message posted by b0bby on May-17-2013 at 03:54 - IP Logged
View b0bby's Profile Search for other posts by b0bby Quote b0bby Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
b0bby
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-16-2008
112 Posts
My mom is allergic to the cigar smoke but since she loves me, she simply avoids me when I'm smoking cigars near her.

Message posted by Fin290672 on May-27-2013 at 08:56 - IP Logged
View Fin290672's Profile Search for other posts by Fin290672 Quote Fin290672 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fin290672
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
November-14-2007
57 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Fin290672 on June-25-2012
Cigarette smoke just smells a lot worse than cigar smoke.

An addition to my old message - I am allergic to a lot of things, in fact, but, thank God, cigar smoke is not my problem, it doesn't bother me at all.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register