Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Introductions

Subject Topic: ARE THESE CIGARS FAKE?? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by RodTheCarGuy on June-07-2013 at 00:22 - IP Logged
View RodTheCarGuy's Profile Search for other posts by RodTheCarGuy Quote RodTheCarGuy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
RodTheCarGuy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-04-2012
26 Posts

I received a box of Montecristo #2s from My-Cuban-Cigars.com today, and believe there is a problem.

First, I indicated that I only wanted a box that had never been opened.  This box shows that the white Habanos seal in the upper right corner HAS been torn open by opening the lid, however the Cuban Warranty Seal shows that it has NOT been opened.  How is this  possible?

Also, the barcode part of the Cuban Warranty Seal has been cut with a sharp blade and peeled off.  As I understand it, I would have been able to go online and enter the barcode to verify genuineness -- WHY would this barcode be removed?

And finally, the factory and date stamp on the bottom of the box appear to be ink instead of heat stamp.

I have not opened the box, and don't want to.  Are these fake?????

Message posted by Clark on June-07-2013 at 05:54 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
Hello RodTheCarGuy!

It's a pity to hear that you are not satisfied with your first order from MCC! These guys are great, believe me! I know them a lot of years and they never ever disappointed me in any way. The cigars are genuine, I order from them for several years, and I could notice if anything was wrong but it wasn't.
Anyway, I'm sure they will solve the issue, they always do, and that is the next reason I am their loyal customer.
Have a great day!

P.S. How can you think your cigars are fake if you didn't even open the box? And, by the way, they sometimes re-open and re-seal them for inspection. They explained this thing for several times on this forum, you could do a little searching and find their explanations.

Thanks for reading. I know it was a lot.

Message posted by RodTheCarGuy on June-07-2013 at 08:55 - IP Logged
View RodTheCarGuy's Profile Search for other posts by RodTheCarGuy Quote RodTheCarGuy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
RodTheCarGuy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-04-2012
26 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Clark on June-07-2013
Hello RodTheCarGuy!

It's a pity to hear that you are not satisfied with your first order from MCC! These guys are great, believe me! I know them a lot of years and they never ever disappointed me in any way. The cigars are genuine, I order from them for several years, and I could notice if anything was wrong but it wasn't.
Anyway, I'm sure they will solve the issue, they always do, and that is the next reason I am their loyal customer.
Have a great day!

P.S. How can you think your cigars are fake if you didn't even open the box? And, by the way, they sometimes re-open and re-seal them for inspection. They explained this thing for several times on this forum, you could do a little searching and find their explanations.

Thanks for reading. I know it was a lot.
Thanks Clark.  What about the fact that the barcode was intentionally removed?  Why would they do that?

Message posted by RodTheCarGuy on June-08-2013 at 12:06 - IP Logged
RodTheCarGuy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-04-2012
26 Posts

Can anyone else give me any reason that they would send me a box of 25 Montecristo #2's where the barcode was intentionally removed from the Cuban Warranty Seal?

From what I understand, that is typically a dead givaway that the cigars are fake. That prevents the possibility of going online to confirm that the cigars are authentic.  Am I wrong?

Message posted by Support on June-10-2013 at 04:20 - IP Logged
View Support's Profile Search for other posts by Support Visit Support's Homepage Quote Support Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Support
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-24-2007
634 Posts
Dear RodTheCarGuy,

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused!
We are very sorry to hear that your box was re-opened. It sometimes happens that both our suppliers and Habanos make random checks by opening up to 3-4 boxes, checking the cigars and resealing them just before shipping.

As for the warranty seals, we remove them in order to protect our business, that's why you are unable to check your boxes at the Habanos website.
Anyway, we guarantee that our cigars are authentic, directly from Cuba, so there is nothing to worry about!

We hope that this explanation helps you and look forward to doing business with you in the future!

Have a great day!

-----------------

Customer Support
support@my-cuban-cigars.com

Message posted by TonyC on June-10-2013 at 07:28 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Of course they're not, RodTheCarGuy. These guys sell only genuine cigars, they have some secrets as how to keep their business safe, like cutting the warranty seals off the boxes but it doesn't mean they're selling fakes. I know that any other cigar vendor selling Cuban cigars does the same.
Anyway, I wish you good luck and I'm sure you'll be back here, cause they are really one of the best in this field.

Message posted by RodTheCarGuy on June-10-2013 at 09:57 - IP Logged
RodTheCarGuy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-04-2012
26 Posts

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYBODY...especially Sonya at My-Cuban-Cigars.  You have all been very helpful.

All of my questions and concerns have been answered, and I am very happy to have found such a great company to get my Cubans from.  I'll be spreading the word to all of my friends here.

Thanks again everyone!

Rod

Message posted by Support on June-12-2013 at 04:17 - IP Logged
View Support's Profile Search for other posts by Support Visit Support's Homepage Quote Support Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Support
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-24-2007
634 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by RodTheCarGuy on June-10-2013

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYBODY...especially Sonya at My-Cuban-Cigars.  You have all been very helpful.

All of my questions and concerns have been answered, and I am very happy to have found such a great company to get my Cubans from.  I'll be spreading the word to all of my friends here.

Thanks again everyone!

Rod

Thank YOU for trusting in our company! We promise to take care of all your orders and follow the instructions carefully!

Have a great time and we hope to see you around!

-----------------

Customer Support
support@my-cuban-cigars.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register