Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Novelties in the Market

Subject Topic: Buying second-hand humidors Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Gary on December-05-2011 at 14:59 - IP Logged
View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary Quote Gary Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Gary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-26-2011
27 Posts
I'm considering buying a second-hand humidor and thought I'd look on eBay to find just the right one. Are there any things to look out for when buying second hand? Must humidors have been kept in certain kinds of conditions? Are there types of damage to watch out for other than the obvious?

Message posted by Groundhog on April-10-2012 at 16:39 - IP Logged
View Groundhog's Profile Search for other posts by Groundhog Quote Groundhog Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Groundhog
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-21-2010
39 Posts
The surfaces and the linings should be smooth and free of cracks. When the humidor is cracked, there is a big chance that your cigars will be ruined even before you lit them up.

-----------------
The world is not enough.....

Message posted by Groundhog on June-29-2012 at 12:07 - IP Logged
View Groundhog's Profile Search for other posts by Groundhog Quote Groundhog Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Groundhog
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
October-21-2010
39 Posts
I've recalled a few more tips - check for damage (obviously) and make sure it gets a good seal. Put a flashlight in the humidor, close it and if it leaks light, then the seal is broken.

-----------------
The world is not enough.....

Message posted by xxx01 on June-29-2012 at 12:30 - IP Logged
View xxx01's Profile Search for other posts by xxx01 Quote xxx01 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xxx01
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
February-02-2007
308 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Groundhog on June-29-2012
I've recalled a few more tips - check for damage (obviously) and make sure it gets a good seal. Put a flashlight in the humidor, close it and if it leaks light, then the seal is broken.

Cool tip

Message posted by Penelopa on July-06-2012 at 11:45 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
Hey guys,

I recall myself being a novice in the cigar world, and looking for a good but cheap humidor. I knew I wouldn't afford a new one, so I decided to look for a used one. Since I was an unexperienced girl, I took the fist I saw, and it turned out to be such a mess!
So if you do not know much about these matters, ask a friend who knows what a humidor is, to help you with this issue....I mean, take him/her with you when looking at humidors....
Good Luck!

Message posted by TonyC on September-25-2013 at 04:51 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Well, I wouldn't advise buying such a humidor, it could be in a bad condition, and nothing will be able to help you upgrade it.

Message posted by b0bby on January-10-2014 at 03:54 - IP Logged
View b0bby's Profile Search for other posts by b0bby Quote b0bby Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
b0bby
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-16-2008
112 Posts
Meet the former owner, take a good look at him(her), and you'll understand if it is worth buying.

Message posted by jacques on March-06-2014 at 04:41 - IP Logged
View jacques's Profile Search for other posts by jacques Quote jacques Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
jacques
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
July-01-2008
20 Posts
I had a lot of second-hand humidors. Some of them were better, and the others were worth throwing away immediately. It mostly depends on your own presence while buying a humi to take a good look at it before making a decision.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register