Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Aficionados

Subject Topic: Counterfeit Behikes Article Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by J squared on June-04-2011 at 00:52 - IP Logged
View J squared's Profile Search for other posts by J squared Quote J squared Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
J squared
Gold Member
Gold Member

March-19-2007
228 Posts
Pretty good read and videos....
Check it out.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show?id=15999

J~

Message posted by Spykurrs Jr. on June-04-2011 at 08:24 - IP Logged
View Spykurrs Jr.'s Profile Search for other posts by Spykurrs Jr. Quote Spykurrs Jr. Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Spykurrs Jr.
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
May-03-2009
171 Posts
I saw that it was very informative, pitty the fool that bought those.  I am glad I got lucky before they could start making fakes I got a box of 52s and 54s and they are awesome.

-----------------
smoking a quality cigar is like smoking a rack of ribs, you have to do it low and SLOW.

Message posted by Anjy on June-06-2011 at 11:00 - IP Logged
View Anjy's Profile Search for other posts by Anjy Quote Anjy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Anjy
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-26-2007
282 Posts
Thanks for the link J squared. Fakers don't lose their time! They tend to fake more expensive items, so it's not a big surprise of course. Still sad to hear you can get swindled with Behikes as well.

Message posted by Benson on August-27-2011 at 20:26 - IP Logged
View Benson's Profile Search for other posts by Benson Quote Benson Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Benson
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-27-2011
6 Posts
Probably 90% of the counterfeit cigars out there are Cohibas. Due to the fact that even clueless cigar newbies have heard these are "The best Cubans" etc. There are also a few Montecristo, R&J, Bolivar, and Punch fakes. It's very rare to find counterfeits of the lesser known Cuban brands. So if you are going to buy these popular type smokes, get them from someplace reputable. Simple as that. Casa de Habanos shops, etc. I would not worry too much about Duty Free airport shops, they are usually legit, but don't expect to find any bargains there, the Duty Free prices are quite high. As a long time Cuban cigar smoker, I generally avoid the cigar brands I mentioned- Chance of fakes, often very young box dates and I like some age on them, better bang for the buck with lesser known brands such as Robaina where often the taste/quality surpasses the more hyped brands.

-----------------
"Smoke em while you got em..."

Message posted by Clayton on December-07-2011 at 23:58 - IP Logged
View Clayton's Profile Search for other posts by Clayton Quote Clayton Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clayton
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-27-2011
14 Posts
This is precisely why people who want authentic Cuban cigars need to find a reliable place to secure them from and stick with it. Going to every other cigar vendor in hopes of getting something for less money invites vendors with inferior or counterfeit cigars to rip you off.

Message posted by Fabs on December-24-2011 at 18:16 - IP Logged
View Fabs's Profile Search for other posts by Fabs Quote Fabs Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fabs
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-27-2011
50 Posts
Most people who buy counterfeit items have a pretty good idea that that item is counterfeit due to the low cost. They just want the "status" of appearing to have that item.

Message posted by SamF on February-22-2012 at 23:29 - IP Logged
View SamF's Profile Search for other posts by SamF Quote SamF Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SamF
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-22-2012
20 Posts
That's interesting Fabs, I didn't think that people would ever want fake cigars. I agree with you about other items, but I can't imagine intentionally spending hundreds of dollars for a box of cigars that taste bad.

Message posted by NavyPride on February-25-2012 at 08:25 - IP Logged
View NavyPride's Profile Search for other posts by NavyPride Quote NavyPride Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
NavyPride
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-24-2012
1 Posts
SamF, you'd be surprised. I just left Dubai and people were spending hundreds of dollars on cuban cigars even after I told them they were fake. This one vendor was selling Behike's in a box of 20, and for on $300!!! Get the F#@$ out of here.

Message posted by SamF on February-26-2012 at 03:14 - IP Logged
View SamF's Profile Search for other posts by SamF Quote SamF Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SamF
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-22-2012
20 Posts
That just sounds crazy to me, NavyPride. I wonder what these people were thinking. I've never intentionally bought anything fake, but I know I really wouldn't want fake cigars. That was nice of you to inform them, even if they didn't act on your knowledge.

Message posted by Leroy on June-01-2012 at 17:03 - IP Logged
View Leroy's Profile Search for other posts by Leroy Quote Leroy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Leroy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
40 Posts
I agree with Clayton on finding a dependable supplier and sticking with them. It's a real downer when you pay for good tobacco products and end up with something far inferior. Those people in Dubai must have had more money than brains to be knowingly buying fakes at high prices.

Message posted by smokerhere on August-10-2012 at 12:35 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
I think we don't need this video because we are buying our cigars from MCC and, as everybody knows, they are authentic.

Message posted by skip on August-13-2012 at 02:04 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
Thanks for the vidieo. We don't have to worry about fakes like that here at MCC, which is great. Still, it is good to know what is going on out there. I do think we need this, so newbies know you MUST stick with a trusted source or you could get swindled. I always shop at MCC though, I know the grass is not greener on the other side. :)

Message posted by TonyC on September-21-2012 at 14:45 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Oh, my, there's nothing sacred to these people! When did they manage to counterfeit them? I thought it was impossible...Do people really buy such kind of cigars?

Message posted by b0bby on October-02-2012 at 13:05 - IP Logged
View b0bby's Profile Search for other posts by b0bby Quote b0bby Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
b0bby
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-16-2008
112 Posts
It's a pity that there are people who counterfeit such things. They do not think about other people's health, at all.

Message posted by Camillo on October-12-2012 at 03:56 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
I think it is to be expected, that you will run into some counterfeiters. There is always someone who is trying to make a quick buck off of someone who really doesn't know any better. You just have to know where to look for good cigars. That's one of the reasons why I love shopping at MCC!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register