Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Aficionados

Subject Topic: Tobacco farms Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by skip on September-01-2010 at 20:17 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
When I smoke a Cuban Cigar and savor part of me thinks of all the hard work that the laborers at the tobacco farms have put in to make it possible. So easy to forget so I just wanted to give thanks.

Message posted by xxx01 on September-02-2010 at 10:50 - IP Logged
View xxx01's Profile Search for other posts by xxx01 Quote xxx01 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xxx01
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
February-02-2007
308 Posts
You're right skip. Probably just a few of us think of all those people when getting their hands on a good cigar. It's a true masterpiece and people who created it deserve praise no less than the result of their work!

Thanks to all farmers and torcedors doing their job!

Message posted by Ernesto on September-02-2010 at 16:20 - IP Logged
View Ernesto's Profile Search for other posts by Ernesto Quote Ernesto Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Ernesto
Gold Member
Gold Member
Canada
April-17-2007
105 Posts
Good topic you've started here! It's really amazing how they make such beauties. The whole process is so complicated and there's so much labor involved...
Thanks to all folks doing that!

Message posted by kwsaw63 on September-03-2010 at 20:32 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Yes it's quite amazing when you think of how many millions of cigars are produced in Cuba every year - and all made by hand!

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by skip on September-06-2010 at 02:17 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
I know I feel the same way. There is such a special energy surrounding Cuban Cigars. Not to get all weird or anything but I just feel something special about them that I do not feel in other kinds of tobacco products.

Message posted by Penelopa on September-08-2010 at 13:12 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
Cuba and its people are legendary figures in our world. And of course taking into consideration the revolution, embargo and the legendary Fidel Castro - all these things make Cuban cigars even more desirable. The forbidden fruit is sweetest!

Message posted by wakoudo on December-10-2010 at 14:25 - IP Logged
View wakoudo's Profile Search for other posts by wakoudo Quote wakoudo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
wakoudo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-28-2007
115 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Penelopa on 08-September-2010
Cuba and its people are legendary figures in our world. And of course taking into consideration the revolution, embargo and the legendary Fidel Castro - all these things make Cuban cigars even more desirable. The forbidden fruit is sweetest!

But you're lucky there! It's not forbidden in Spain

-----------------
wakoudo

Message posted by SkipFlash on March-31-2011 at 09:42 - IP Logged
View SkipFlash's Profile Search for other posts by SkipFlash Quote SkipFlash Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SkipFlash
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-14-2011
29 Posts
I understand what you are saying, skip. When I smoke a CC, I often think about all the care that has gone into it, from the farmers to me. "totalmente a mano" ... A lot of people have touched and cared for that little baby you are smoking.

Message posted by J.T. on April-01-2011 at 00:47 - IP Logged
View J.T.'s Profile Search for other posts by J.T. Quote J.T. Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
J.T.
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-27-2011
17 Posts
I feel bad because I had never really thought about it like that. We shouldn't take things for granted in life; thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Message posted by LadyK on April-01-2011 at 11:19 - IP Logged
View LadyK's Profile Search for other posts by LadyK Quote LadyK Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
LadyK
Standard Member
Standard Member
Neutral Zone
March-27-2011
20 Posts
I found this video on YouTube of a Cuban guy making a cigar. It looks like a really skilled job and I also appreciate the work put into it.

-----------------
New to the world of cigars

Message posted by skip on April-06-2011 at 22:02 - IP Logged
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
You know, I am starting to wonder if there is a holiday for this. I mean there is a holiday for everything else right? Anyone know if there is a cigar day or a cigar appreciation day?

Message posted by smokerhere on April-07-2011 at 14:52 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
There's no such thing yet, at least I've never heard of that. But I've heard there was a suggestion on twitter recently to celebrate an International Cigar Day on May 20 starting this year. I wholeheartedly support this idea

Message posted by Razors on December-07-2011 at 04:02 - IP Logged
View Razors's Profile Search for other posts by Razors Quote Razors Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Razors
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-27-2011
11 Posts
I grew up in the days where we spent summers "putting in tobacco." I can tell you from experience that it's a hot, sweaty, stinky and sticky job. It doesn't matter whether you're "suckering," "topping," or "handing" tobacco, it's all hot. There are tobacco worms in those fields -- and snakes. Tobacco warehouses warehouses were hot places, too, and favorite hiding places for more snakes. No wonder fine cigars are so expensive.

Message posted by SamF on February-28-2012 at 19:42 - IP Logged
View SamF's Profile Search for other posts by SamF Quote SamF Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SamF
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-22-2012
20 Posts
I've always appreciated the hard work that goes into producing good cigars, but I had no idea it was that rough. Worms are one thing, but snakes sound like quite a job hazard!

Message posted by Carmela on March-07-2012 at 06:14 - IP Logged
View Carmela's Profile Search for other posts by Carmela Quote Carmela Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Carmela
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-11-2011
65 Posts
I raise my glass, and my cigar, to those workers in the tobacco fields! Where would all of us be without the workers? Sometimes the little guy gets forgotten, so I am glad you brought the workers up.

Message posted by appleseed on May-17-2012 at 22:00 - IP Logged
View appleseed's Profile Search for other posts by appleseed Quote appleseed Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
appleseed
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
36 Posts
That's very sweet! Perhaps some charity exists that supports farmers such as these. Or you could always visit a tobacco farm yourself and thank them in person.

Message posted by Leroy on May-25-2012 at 13:35 - IP Logged
View Leroy's Profile Search for other posts by Leroy Quote Leroy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Leroy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
40 Posts
We do indeed take so much for granted. It's like diamonds or gold and forgetting how much work goes into creating one or going through mountains of earth to mine just a little ore. Hats off to the cigar and tobacco workers.

Message posted by Clark on December-23-2013 at 06:35 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
These people are some ordinary people who make us happier. We don't even know their names but I'm sure they understand that we are thankful and hope that they will begin receiving a salary equal to their labor one day.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register