Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Aficionados

Subject Topic: Woman Aficionado - how you describe her? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by wakoudo on October-20-2010 at 12:21 - IP Logged
View wakoudo's Profile Search for other posts by wakoudo Quote wakoudo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
wakoudo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-28-2007
115 Posts
According to the latest information women cigar smokers buy about 5% of all cigars. I haven't met many, but if I were to describe them in one word I would say INTRIGUING.

What's your word for women aficionado? Just one word!

-----------------
wakoudo

Message posted by xxx01 on October-26-2010 at 15:36 - IP Logged
View xxx01's Profile Search for other posts by xxx01 Quote xxx01 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xxx01
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
February-02-2007
308 Posts
Sophisticated

Message posted by SkipFlash on April-09-2011 at 19:00 - IP Logged
View SkipFlash's Profile Search for other posts by SkipFlash Quote SkipFlash Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SkipFlash
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-14-2011
29 Posts
I'll second that, xxx01. Sophisticated.
My wife prefers the small cohibas.

Message posted by LadyK on April-11-2011 at 10:30 - IP Logged
View LadyK's Profile Search for other posts by LadyK Quote LadyK Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
LadyK
Standard Member
Standard Member
Neutral Zone
March-27-2011
20 Posts

It's cool to know that 5% of cigar sales are to women. Is that a figure that is increasing every year? I wonder how it breaks down between continents and cultures.

I'm a woman who smokes, albeit a newbie to cigars. If I have only one word to us it will be ......

independent.

-----------------
New to the world of cigars

Message posted by aBaccus on June-07-2011 at 00:21 - IP Logged
View aBaccus's Profile Search for other posts by aBaccus Quote aBaccus Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
aBaccus
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-26-2011
20 Posts
Intriguing was my word! If I have to chose another one I am going to say it. My second word would be sexy! Ladies don't shoot me!

-----------------
To live and learn

Message posted by Puffinstuff on July-25-2011 at 17:37 - IP Logged
View Puffinstuff's Profile Search for other posts by Puffinstuff Quote Puffinstuff Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Puffinstuff
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-21-2011
20 Posts
Independent! I agree with LadyK, it's unconventional and unexpected, not "ladylike" but the female smoker can ignore all that and do her own thing. Kudos to the independent smoking women!

Message posted by Carmela on September-13-2011 at 00:08 - IP Logged
View Carmela's Profile Search for other posts by Carmela Quote Carmela Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Carmela
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-11-2011
65 Posts
I am quite flattered by the opinions of everyone on woman smokers. Cigars should not just be for men, us woman want in on the Cuban fun! I am glad all the men welcome us woman who want to indulge in the taste of a fine Cuban cigar, once in a while!

Message posted by Camillo on September-13-2011 at 19:29 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts

The word I would use is: Trendy.  But I also wonder how many, out of the 5% of women, are actually buying these for a man, and not so much for personal use.

Message posted by Carmela on September-14-2011 at 16:41 - IP Logged
View Carmela's Profile Search for other posts by Carmela Quote Carmela Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Carmela
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-11-2011
65 Posts
I did not think of that, Camillo. I know I do a lot of the buying, for my husband and I. I am sure there are woman who are only buying for their significant other.

Message posted by Fabs on September-30-2011 at 21:30 - IP Logged
View Fabs's Profile Search for other posts by Fabs Quote Fabs Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fabs
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-27-2011
50 Posts
I would call her my future wife. So many woman I have dated seem to resent the cigars. How great would it be to have a wife who didn't complain about the smoke and enjoyed a good smoke with you. Just as long as she keeps her hands off of my Romeo y Julietas

Message posted by Kathryn on October-16-2011 at 17:01 - IP Logged
View Kathryn's Profile Search for other posts by Kathryn Quote Kathryn Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Kathryn
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-11-2011
17 Posts
I would also use the word independant, to describe the woman cigar smoker. Woman who do not like the smoke, obviously has not tasted a good cigar yet! The smoke and actually smoking a cigar, are two different things. I think if a lady just tried a Cuban, she would change her views.

Message posted by cubantoker on December-09-2011 at 17:12 - IP Logged
View cubantoker's Profile Search for other posts by cubantoker Quote cubantoker Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
cubantoker
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-29-2011
6 Posts
Yes! Intriguing, sexy, fun and idependent! Great qualities all.
As an avid gun and cigar enthusiest, I often times see women at the shooting range......all are sexy.
A woman who smokes cigars AND can handle a gun is the ultimate sex symbol.
They are trend setters and leaders, not followers.
Keep up the great work ladies!

-----------------
"There are two ways to enslave a nation; one is with the sword, the other is with debt" John Adams

Message posted by CindyT on December-09-2011 at 23:53 - IP Logged
View CindyT's Profile Search for other posts by CindyT Quote CindyT Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
CindyT
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
November-28-2011
20 Posts
Well I'm a woman but not quite an Aficionado yet by any means!  I'm surprised there are only 5% of cigar sales to women smokers.  I think we are growing breed of sophisticated women of the world!

Message posted by b0bby on July-19-2012 at 15:21 - IP Logged
View b0bby's Profile Search for other posts by b0bby Quote b0bby Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
b0bby
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-16-2008
112 Posts
A woman smoker is elegant and classy - she doesn't smoke too big cigars, it's too vulgar for her. She knows everything about cigars, and is able to give an advice to a novice....
She's just a dream

Message posted by Penelopa on July-27-2012 at 15:54 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
She's funny and clever, she likes being outside with a company of close friends, and, of course, she's beautiful - just like me

Message posted by Winchester on July-28-2012 at 17:22 - IP Logged
View Winchester's Profile Search for other posts by Winchester Quote Winchester Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Winchester
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-16-2010
102 Posts
My word would be daring. I chose that word because my wife used to smoke cigars (not so much anymore, but anyway...) and she is always looking for ways to think outside the box and bend (sometimes break) the rules.

Message posted by skip on August-03-2012 at 21:48 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
I have met a number of daring women who were more than happy to give it a try. I think more of them would continue it if they had the right person to teach them the art of cigar smoking and appreciation. Or, maybe not. Women are a mystery to me.

Message posted by TonyC on August-17-2012 at 13:49 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
I hope female cigar smokers look rather like Dita von Teese (hot and definitely sexy) than that old Cuban woman from those famous photos.

Message posted by CigarMike on August-31-2012 at 18:43 - IP Logged
View CigarMike's Profile Search for other posts by CigarMike Quote CigarMike Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
CigarMike
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-09-2012
20 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Fabs on September-30-2011
I would call her my future wife. So many woman I have dated seem to resent the cigars. How great would it be to have a wife who didn't complain about the smoke and enjoyed a good smoke with you. Just as long as she keeps her hands off of my Romeo y Julietas

I've definitely noticed this as well.

I find it to be a fairly rare thing to find a woman who tolerates, much less participates in, my cigar smoking.

But, I don't really mind, as it becomes one of "my" things that I can enjoy with the boys.

Message posted by KenPk42 on September-12-2012 at 11:46 - IP Logged
View KenPk42's Profile Search for other posts by KenPk42 Quote KenPk42 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
KenPk42
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-28-2007
28 Posts
Let me think... non-existent? I have never met one.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register