Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Aficionados

Subject Topic: What do you eat while smoking? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by TonyC on January-12-2011 at 16:38 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
I've noticed this thread on another forum, and now I'm curious what people here think about that?
Do you mind if someone is smoking while you eat?
Do you accept eating and smoking at the same time?
If you do, then what kind of foods do you choose to accompany a cigar usually?

Message posted by Penelopa on January-13-2011 at 12:24 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
Hey, TonyC
Well I don't mind anyone smoking around me until we are eating outdoors. I personally don't like mixing my food with a smoke - I don't feel neither the taste of my dish, nor the smell of my cigar. Bon Appetit!

Message posted by wakoudo on January-13-2011 at 17:07 - IP Logged
View wakoudo's Profile Search for other posts by wakoudo Quote wakoudo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
wakoudo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-28-2007
115 Posts
A beef would go great for me.
Though I do agree that eating in a smoky room is not that good. I mostly combine these two pleasures outdoors. And of course, a glass of something wouldn't be out of place

-----------------
wakoudo

Message posted by cobra03 on January-18-2011 at 17:41 - IP Logged
View cobra03's Profile Search for other posts by cobra03 Quote cobra03 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
cobra03
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
April-22-2008
60 Posts

Not a big fan of smoking and eating. i dont think it does  the flavor of either any good although i dont mind some good chocolate with a cigar

-----------------
"Gentlemen, you may proceed to smoke."

Message posted by TamPow on February-09-2011 at 17:58 - IP Logged
View TamPow's Profile Search for other posts by TamPow Quote TamPow Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TamPow
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-26-2007
61 Posts
Chocolate dessert is perfect to me

-----------------
if you just want to think, there's nothing better than taking a good cigar

Message posted by Spykurrs Jr. on February-10-2011 at 07:50 - IP Logged
View Spykurrs Jr.'s Profile Search for other posts by Spykurrs Jr. Quote Spykurrs Jr. Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Spykurrs Jr.
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
May-03-2009
171 Posts
usually I will eat first and then settle down and have a good smoke afterwards to digest and ponder the day.  I guess if i had to eat while smoking it would probably be during the time of playing cards and snack and smoke while playing.

-----------------
smoking a quality cigar is like smoking a rack of ribs, you have to do it low and SLOW.

Message posted by Camillo on February-11-2011 at 20:30 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
I don't generally eat when I smoke. It kind of kills the taste. If anything, it would be some chips or beer nuts, because most likely, I am in a bar.

Message posted by Gerome on February-26-2011 at 18:39 - IP Logged
View Gerome's Profile Search for other posts by Gerome Quote Gerome Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Gerome
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-21-2011
20 Posts

I like my meal, then coffee, then cigar. I don't like to eat while smoking. I also don't smoke while someone is eating.  I only very very rarely smoke in public. I like to smoke in my own house, and away from people.

Message posted by HunterS on February-27-2011 at 21:58 - IP Logged
View HunterS's Profile Search for other posts by HunterS Quote HunterS Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
HunterS
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-21-2011
20 Posts
I don't usually eat while smoking either although I would maybe do it if the meal was being served outdoors, but only if my dining partners didn't mind.

Message posted by xxx01 on February-28-2011 at 15:13 - IP Logged
View xxx01's Profile Search for other posts by xxx01 Quote xxx01 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xxx01
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
February-02-2007
308 Posts
It's great to light up a cigar with a BBQ outside, on a sunny summer day. But usually I enjoy my cigars with a glass or a cup of something.

Message posted by Wayne on February-28-2011 at 22:31 - IP Logged
View Wayne's Profile Search for other posts by Wayne Quote Wayne Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Wayne
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-17-2011
20 Posts
I generally light up after I've eaten. I like to give myself over to the pleasure of my cigar and not ruin the taste by eating or drinking.

-----------------
If I cannot smoke in heaven, then I shall not go."
-- Mark Twain

Message posted by 90milestoCuba on March-20-2011 at 06:06 - IP Logged
View 90milestoCuba's Profile Search for other posts by 90milestoCuba Quote 90milestoCuba Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
90milestoCuba
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-22-2009
128 Posts

Generally cigars don't pair well with food.  It's a texture and taste thing.  Imagine trying to pair a nice Robusto with smoked salmon.........yech !  Most people pair their stogies with beverages of the coffee/alcohol type.  But hey!  Whatever does it for you!

-----------------
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.
--Winston Churchill

Message posted by skip on March-31-2011 at 05:56 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
I do not like to eat when I smoke. I don't know why, it is just one of those things that makes me feel really weird. I don't like to smoke before I eat either. I like it after with a glass of wine.

Message posted by J.T. on March-31-2011 at 06:46 - IP Logged
View J.T.'s Profile Search for other posts by J.T. Quote J.T. Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
J.T.
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-27-2011
17 Posts
The only thing I eat while smoking is dessert or a little snack, but not during a meal. I have a room that I go to where I won't bother the rest of the family.

Message posted by SkipFlash on March-31-2011 at 09:09 - IP Logged
View SkipFlash's Profile Search for other posts by SkipFlash Quote SkipFlash Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SkipFlash
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-14-2011
29 Posts
My favorite snack is roasted almonds with cigars. Second favorite is peanuts, with a bit of lime and chilies on them.

Message posted by LadyK on March-31-2011 at 14:45 - IP Logged
View LadyK's Profile Search for other posts by LadyK Quote LadyK Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
LadyK
Standard Member
Standard Member
Neutral Zone
March-27-2011
20 Posts
I haven't had the chance to really combine eating and smoking, so I can't say how it would be. I do know someone who likes to smoke a cigar and eat ice-cream, which sounds like something worth trying.

-----------------
New to the world of cigars

Message posted by SamS on May-02-2011 at 12:56 - IP Logged
View SamS's Profile Search for other posts by SamS Quote SamS Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SamS
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
March-29-2010
69 Posts
Like most of you here, I usually have my smoke after eating, however I do like the taste of cheese and a cigar which is strange, although you can buy smoked cheese so maybe not so strange!

Message posted by bigmike on June-03-2011 at 01:25 - IP Logged
View bigmike's Profile Search for other posts by bigmike Quote bigmike Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
bigmike
Standard Member
Standard Member

May-24-2011
11 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by skip on 31-March-2011
I do not like to eat when I smoke. I don't know why, it is just one of those things that makes me feel really weird. I don't like to smoke before I eat either. I like it after with a glass of wine.

I agree with you skip. I don't like to eat when I smoke my cigars either. Not just because of the taste, but I think because nicotine tends to suppress the appetite.

Message posted by RobertoKay on November-02-2011 at 21:11 - IP Logged
View RobertoKay's Profile Search for other posts by RobertoKay Quote RobertoKay Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
RobertoKay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-28-2011
20 Posts
I agree with most of you about a smoke free meal. The palette is too sensitive for enjoying both a meal and a smoke. One of my favorite restaurant meals is lobster & crabmeat pasta. One time I ordered a more flavorful wine, that I do enjoy by itself, but it overpowered the fresh, delicate seafood and sauce.

Both perfectly satisfactory by themselves, but not a good match together. Save the smoke for later. IMHO :)

Message posted by Carmela on November-03-2011 at 17:34 - IP Logged
View Carmela's Profile Search for other posts by Carmela Quote Carmela Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Carmela
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-11-2011
65 Posts
I say, save the smoke for after eating. Drinking and smoking a good Cuban, is more my style. Finding the perfect drink, for different cigars, makes smoking quite enjoyable and relaxing.