Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums

Subject Topic: Cigars and my computer Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by aBaccus on June-01-2011 at 08:42 - IP Logged
View aBaccus's Profile Search for other posts by aBaccus Quote aBaccus Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
aBaccus
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-26-2011
20 Posts
Currently, my computer room is also the designated room for smoking cigars because it has an exhaust fan. Will smoking cigars near my computer mess it up?

-----------------
To live and learn

Message posted by xxx01 on June-01-2011 at 10:49 - IP Logged
View xxx01's Profile Search for other posts by xxx01 Quote xxx01 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xxx01
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
February-02-2007
308 Posts
Well, unless you can scent a flavour of your motherboard in the cigar it's ok I guess
My friend who is a computer nerd would criticize you, but I believe it is not that bad. You may want a new computer in a year or too any way

Message posted by skip on June-01-2011 at 21:38 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
Lol, yeah don't use the computer as an ash tray. I have heard that over time smoke can cause damage to some of the electrical components, but you would have to smoke a lot for that to happen.

Message posted by aBaccus on June-02-2011 at 23:28 - IP Logged
View aBaccus's Profile Search for other posts by aBaccus Quote aBaccus Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
aBaccus
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-26-2011
20 Posts
I had no plans to use my computer as an ash try! Hah, I love my computer way to much for that. I do not even smoke every day so I think it will be fine. Thanks for the opinions.

-----------------
To live and learn

Message posted by MisterMr on June-09-2011 at 22:37 - IP Logged
View MisterMr's Profile Search for other posts by MisterMr Quote MisterMr Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
MisterMr
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-09-2011
20 Posts
If you are concerned about smoke and your computer you should also be concerned about dust. In homes with forced air heat, which is a lot, computers have a shorter life span. I recommend you get it a computer cover.

Message posted by aBaccus on June-10-2011 at 22:58 - IP Logged
aBaccus
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-26-2011
20 Posts
I had no idea about that. It does make sense because people with asthma have more attacks if they live in forced air heated homes. I suppose a dust cover is called for.

-----------------
To live and learn

Message posted by Sheila on June-13-2011 at 16:52 - IP Logged
View Sheila's Profile Search for other posts by Sheila Quote Sheila Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Sheila
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-03-2011
40 Posts
Yes, I would worry more about dust affecting computer performance than smoke, especially if smoking is not an everyday occurrence.

I should probably get a dust cover too; do they make those for laptops?

Message posted by uksmokes on August-04-2011 at 17:05 - IP Logged
View uksmokes's Profile Search for other posts by uksmokes Quote uksmokes Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
uksmokes
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-01-2011
20 Posts
Please please please don't smoke next to your computer. I've already lost a laptop this year because of the buildup of soot on the cooling system. If you're a few feet away from the computer then you're okay if there is an extractor fan or an open window, but typing and smoking would be a horrible idea. Don't make my mistake!

Message posted by Camillo on September-11-2011 at 16:41 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
If that's where you feel it is best for you to smoke, then go for it.  Just as long as you have a spot where you can sit and enjoy it.

Message posted by Fabs on September-29-2011 at 20:19 - IP Logged
View Fabs's Profile Search for other posts by Fabs Quote Fabs Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fabs
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-27-2011
50 Posts

Smoking in the same room as your computer is no problem. I wouldn't place a cigar or any source of smoke near any of the intake vents though.

I can't imagaine that you'd want to smoke a fine cuban cigar while working on a computer anyway. I  just like to relax and enjoy my cigar in a nice comfy chair and listen to good music or maybe watch tv..but maybe that's just me!

Message posted by Romeo on October-06-2011 at 16:17 - IP Logged
View Romeo's Profile Search for other posts by Romeo Quote Romeo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Romeo
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-29-2011
25 Posts

The last place I would choose as my cigar lounge spot would be my computer room.  Partly because of all the smoke possibly damaging electrical components, and partly because it doesn't seem too chill (not my office anyway).

Message posted by appleseed on May-19-2012 at 19:31 - IP Logged
View appleseed's Profile Search for other posts by appleseed Quote appleseed Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
appleseed
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
36 Posts
No, cigar smoking should not damage your computer in a major way, unless you are really going to town and polluting that room to an extreme degree. Like others have said, dust can actually pose more of a threat than smoking can.

Message posted by Leroy on May-29-2012 at 22:14 - IP Logged
View Leroy's Profile Search for other posts by Leroy Quote Leroy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Leroy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
40 Posts
Regardless of what people say, I don't want stale cigar smoke emanating from my computer. My computer is in the same room where we do a lot of entertaining, so it wouldn't fly with the spouse. I'm happy to oblige. There's lots of space on the decks and patios.

Message posted by CigarMike on August-09-2012 at 19:02 - IP Logged
View CigarMike's Profile Search for other posts by CigarMike Quote CigarMike Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
CigarMike
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-09-2012
20 Posts
Actually, speaking from experience, smoking around your computer on a consistent basis WILL, in fact, damage it.

Last year, I had two power supplies go out on me. Largely due to the smoke in the room. I opened up the power supply case, and the amount of gunk caked to the inside and in the fan core was unbelievable. Granted it was from smoking cigarettes, too.

But, yes, smoking around your PC can damage it.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register