Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums

Subject Topic: Don’t Snuff Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Amelia on January-03-2012 at 02:50 - IP Logged
View Amelia's Profile Search for other posts by Amelia Quote Amelia Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Amelia
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2012
25 Posts
I've always heard you are not supposed to snuff cigars out but let them go out on their own in the ashtray. Why would it matter?

Message posted by kwsaw63 on January-03-2012 at 07:13 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
The reason is there will be a strong acrid smell if you snuff out cigars.

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by Vivian on January-03-2012 at 17:26 - IP Logged
View Vivian's Profile Search for other posts by Vivian Quote Vivian Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Vivian
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-11-2011
39 Posts
I also think that the cigar continues to smell good even if it becomes too harsh to finish. I've never snuffed out a cigar so I don't know what it smells like, but I'll take your word on that Kwsaw!

Message posted by Iago on January-04-2012 at 03:05 - IP Logged
View Iago's Profile Search for other posts by Iago Quote Iago Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Iago
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-05-2011
51 Posts
I never knew this answer either. I just knew it was "uncivilized" but I never really knew the real reason behind this. It makes sense though.

Message posted by Amelia on January-05-2012 at 04:24 - IP Logged
View Amelia's Profile Search for other posts by Amelia Quote Amelia Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Amelia
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2012
25 Posts
OK, thanks for telling me. Obviously I never tried it or I would've found the answer for myself! Like Iago, I just knew you weren't supposed to.

Message posted by JustRoll on January-26-2012 at 22:27 - IP Logged
View JustRoll's Profile Search for other posts by JustRoll Quote JustRoll Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
JustRoll
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-20-2012
27 Posts
I'm afraid I'm guilty of ignorance here, and remember that I was smoking with a number of gents when I asked one of them how to put that big sucker out. It's not as easy as putting out a cigarette. If there's a fool to be made of one's self, I'm the fool who is going to do it.

Message posted by Dallas on January-30-2012 at 17:13 - IP Logged
View Dallas's Profile Search for other posts by Dallas Quote Dallas Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Dallas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-17-2012
44 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by JustRoll on January-26-2012
I'm afraid I'm guilty of ignorance here, and remember that I was smoking with a number of gents when I asked one of them how to put that big sucker out. It's not as easy as putting out a cigarette. If there's a fool to be made of one's self, I'm the fool who is going to do it.

Smoking cigars is an art and we all had to learn. I have found that most veteran cigar smokers are helpful and willing to enlighten those of us who are just starting out.

Message posted by appleseed on May-18-2012 at 22:19 - IP Logged
View appleseed's Profile Search for other posts by appleseed Quote appleseed Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
appleseed
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
36 Posts
I think it's considered disrespectful to "snuff" them. So try to only do it in emergencies or in private. Sometimes you can't finish a whole cigar in a set period of time, but that's what those holders are for!

Message posted by Leroy on May-22-2012 at 02:10 - IP Logged
View Leroy's Profile Search for other posts by Leroy Quote Leroy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Leroy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
40 Posts
I have searched my memory banks and can't recall ever having seen anyone try to stomp out a cigar or snuff one out in an ash tray. This is one aspect of smoking I've never even thought about. I just follow the pack.

Message posted by Camillo on October-18-2012 at 11:55 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
I always snuff mine out. I guess I've been afraid of losing some of the cigar if it is left burning. If I can't finish it in one clip, I want to be able to enjoy it in its entirety later.

Message posted by Winchester on November-19-2012 at 16:58 - IP Logged
View Winchester's Profile Search for other posts by Winchester Quote Winchester Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Winchester
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-16-2010
102 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by appleseed on May-18-2012
I think it's considered disrespectful to "snuff" them. So try to only do it in emergencies or in private. Sometimes you can't finish a whole cigar in a set period of time, but that's what those holders are for!

I had no idea snuffing out a cigar was disrespectful. I do it all the time, so I guess I'd better get into the habit of finishing them or come up with a different strategy.

Message posted by FleaBite on November-22-2012 at 04:38 - IP Logged
View FleaBite's Profile Search for other posts by FleaBite Quote FleaBite Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
FleaBite
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-16-2012
21 Posts
I made this mistake once, and I learned never to do it again. The wife complained for weeks afterward. It took some convincing that it wouldn't always be that way.

Message posted by Clingfree on November-29-2012 at 01:49 - IP Logged
View Clingfree's Profile Search for other posts by Clingfree Quote Clingfree Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clingfree
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-16-2012
19 Posts
I remember my grandfather once saying to never snuff out a cigar. It didn't register with me back then, but I've always known not to do so because of his wise words. It's funny what stays with you.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register