Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums

Subject Topic: Foods to avoid pairing cigars with Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by SamF on February-23-2012 at 20:51 - IP Logged
View SamF's Profile Search for other posts by SamF Quote SamF Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SamF
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-22-2012
20 Posts
I know certain foods that I like to eat after smoking a cigar, like steak. Are there any dishes in particular that don't match well with cigars? Or does it all depend on the type of cigar?

Message posted by Mister Saucy on February-26-2012 at 00:34 - IP Logged
View Mister Saucy's Profile Search for other posts by Mister Saucy Quote Mister Saucy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Mister Saucy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-16-2010
61 Posts
I typically eat and then smoke a cigar, not the other way around. You'll find that there are certain cigars that can "floor" you if you don't have anything in your stomach. If you're going to smoke then eat I would suggest staying on the light to medium end of the flavor spectrum.

-----------------
Mister Saucy

Message posted by SamF on February-26-2012 at 03:12 - IP Logged
View SamF's Profile Search for other posts by SamF Quote SamF Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SamF
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-22-2012
20 Posts
Thanks for the advice, Mister Saucy. I've done both, but I notice that when I smoke first it really affects my palate. I tend to eat small meals throughout the day, but I'll be careful if I plan to smoke a stronger cigar.

Message posted by appleseed on February-26-2012 at 14:39 - IP Logged
View appleseed's Profile Search for other posts by appleseed Quote appleseed Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
appleseed
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
36 Posts
I would imagine eating anything sweet might taste "off" if you don't brush your teeth or something before you indulge. I usually don't eat soon after a smoking session, so this is never a problem for me.

Message posted by corybird on February-27-2012 at 17:33 - IP Logged
View corybird's Profile Search for other posts by corybird Quote corybird Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
corybird
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
38 Posts
This is why fine restaurants serve palate cleansers. A wonderful, lightly minted sorbet for dessert might be something you'd want to try at home or even when dining out.

Message posted by SamF on February-28-2012 at 19:47 - IP Logged
SamF
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-22-2012
20 Posts
That's a good idea corybird, thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been dining out as much lately, but I do recall that palate cleansers work pretty well. I suppose I'll go ahead and try doing this at home, that would save me money for more smokes.

Message posted by Carmela on March-01-2012 at 06:08 - IP Logged
View Carmela's Profile Search for other posts by Carmela Quote Carmela Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Carmela
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-11-2011
65 Posts
I hardly eat after smoking a cigar, I am more likely to have a nice drink while I smoke. I agree with everyone though, if you eat after smoking, a palate cleanser is a must!

Message posted by Juicer on May-30-2012 at 03:50 - IP Logged
View Juicer's Profile Search for other posts by Juicer Quote Juicer Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Juicer
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-23-2012
20 Posts
I don't combine food and cigar smoking since I like the tastes unadulterated and in full form. Why waste your taste buds and money when you can stretch out the pleasurable things in your life?

Message posted by smokerhere on October-10-2012 at 17:36 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
Just anything that you don't like eating in general or have an allergy to, I think.

Message posted by Camillo on October-12-2012 at 03:50 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
Besides maybe cereal in the morning, I really can't imagine any food that wouldn't go with a good cigar! Of course, I don't mean at the same time. I mean, follow a good meal with a good cigar.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register