Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums

Subject Topic: Cigar education Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Maisey on May-25-2012 at 20:38 - IP Logged
View Maisey's Profile Search for other posts by Maisey Quote Maisey Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Maisey
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
37 Posts
For those of us who are at the beginning of our smoking education, what ways are best to become a truly seasoned cigar aficionado? I've read articles but I want to expand my knowledge base.

Message posted by kwsaw63 on May-26-2012 at 07:13 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
1. Join and read Cigar forums like this one.
2. Make friends with other cigar smokers and share your experiences.
3. Smoke lots of cigars!

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by Juicer on May-26-2012 at 22:50 - IP Logged
View Juicer's Profile Search for other posts by Juicer Quote Juicer Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Juicer
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-23-2012
20 Posts
I like kwsaw63's last suggestion. I can do that one. Over time all the experience adds up. The history of cigar production, not only in Cuba, but even in the United States during the 1920s and 1930s is really interesting reading.

Message posted by CigarMike on August-09-2012 at 19:05 - IP Logged
View CigarMike's Profile Search for other posts by CigarMike Quote CigarMike Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
CigarMike
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-09-2012
20 Posts
I'm the only one of my friends who smokes cigars, lol.

And, I second Juicer. Learning all about the production of quality cigars is a good start to your cigar education. I'm still learning more about it, myself.

Message posted by skip on August-13-2012 at 02:02 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
It is all about the experience, sharing it is great, too. Real cigar smokers will not criticize you for being new to cigar smoking. So my best piece of advice is to ask as many questions as you please without worrying.

Message posted by TonyC on August-17-2012 at 13:45 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Just observe, read and smoke, pal! :)

Message posted by CigarMike on August-17-2012 at 21:20 - IP Logged
View CigarMike's Profile Search for other posts by CigarMike Quote CigarMike Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
CigarMike
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-09-2012
20 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by skip on August-13-2012
It is all about the experience, sharing it is great, too. Real cigar smokers will not criticize you for being new to cigar smoking. So my best piece of advice is to ask as many questions as you please without worrying.

I also agree with this.

Any time I've had the opportunity to smoke with those who are more experienced than I, I've always been welcomed warmly.

Seasoned smokers seem to like to share their wealth of knowledge and experience, like a badge of honor.

Message posted by skip on August-22-2012 at 18:41 - IP Logged
View skip's Profile Search for other posts by skip Quote skip Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
skip
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-30-2010
111 Posts
I like you said that, "a badge of honor". Once you learn about cigars, then you get to wear that bad of knowledge and share with others. It feels great.

Message posted by smokerhere on September-03-2012 at 17:47 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
I am sure you've already learned a lot about cigars just by hanging out on this forum for a few months :)

Message posted by Camillo on October-12-2012 at 12:24 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
First of all, you really have to enjoy cigar smoking. It's not just about trying to look 'cool'. When you really enjoy it, you will become a pro, easily!

Message posted by corybird on December-10-2012 at 20:06 - IP Logged
View corybird's Profile Search for other posts by corybird Quote corybird Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
corybird
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
38 Posts
I like to use the word "savor." Savor the flavor, savor the smoking pleasure and savor the history of the art of cigar making. Slow and steady is the life of the cigar pleasure smoker.

Message posted by Penelopa on May-10-2013 at 05:43 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
Books, articles, cigar communities, life experience, friends, etc. There are lots of helping tools, just choose the one you like the best.
Good luck!

Message posted by Carlos on August-26-2013 at 04:43 - IP Logged
View Carlos's Profile Search for other posts by Carlos Quote Carlos Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Carlos
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
August-12-2013
27 Posts
Penelopa, do you read books about ciagrs?? wooww

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register