Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums

Subject Topic: Brands that stay fresher longer? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by wackytobacky on April-25-2010 at 03:45 - IP Logged
View wackytobacky's Profile Search for other posts by wackytobacky Quote wackytobacky Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
wackytobacky
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-22-2010
7 Posts
Wondering if there is a certain brand of cigar that will stay fresher (won't dry out) for the longest period of time. I like to have cigars that don't give me such a specific time frame to smoke them within.

I also have a price range, so whatever information you guys can feed to me will help.

Message posted by slowburn on April-25-2010 at 05:14 - IP Logged
View slowburn's Profile Search for other posts by slowburn Quote slowburn Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
slowburn
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-03-2010
74 Posts

Hi wackytobacky,

I'll state the obvious, at least it seems to me. I don't think a certain brand would stay fresher longer than another, but I would imagine the bigger ring gauge cigars would be the best bet. The bigger the ring gauge the better it would retain its moisture. Go for the thick ones!

Message posted by Spykurrs Jr. on April-25-2010 at 10:14 - IP Logged
View Spykurrs Jr.'s Profile Search for other posts by Spykurrs Jr. Quote Spykurrs Jr. Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Spykurrs Jr.
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
May-03-2009
171 Posts
Slowburn is right the bigger ring cigars would (under normal cricumstances) dry out the slowest, it wouldn't matter on the brand.  Question I have is why are you wanting to dry out a CC?  That wouldn't make sense as they taste best kept at the right humidity and temp, why would you take a chance of runining a pertfectly good cigar?

-----------------
smoking a quality cigar is like smoking a rack of ribs, you have to do it low and SLOW.

Message posted by Dave K on April-25-2010 at 19:09 - IP Logged
View Dave K's Profile Search for other posts by Dave K Quote Dave K Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Dave K
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
January-13-2009
390 Posts

If stored properly, cigars will keep almost indefinitely.  I guess I don't know why you'd want fresh cigars, unless you like the taste of them young.

No cigar worth smoking can be kept out of the proper environment for more than a week or two and not run the risk of drying out to the point of being unsmokable.  When kept in the proper environment though, there really is no time limit.

-----------------
Dave

Message posted by 90milestoCuba on April-26-2010 at 00:38 - IP Logged
View 90milestoCuba's Profile Search for other posts by 90milestoCuba Quote 90milestoCuba Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
90milestoCuba
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-22-2009
128 Posts
Well, if not properly stored in a humidor with humidifier they will all dry out quickly.   There is no brand that stays "fresher" than the other and they all dry out if not properly cared for.  If you don't have a humidor, your best bet would be sticks packaged in "tubos".  It will slow the drying out process but eventually you will end up with a dry cigar.   There are plenty of topics in the forums here on how to care for stogies, many humidor ideas are low cost using household items so look around and post up if you have any questions! 

-----------------
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.
--Winston Churchill

Message posted by wackytobacky on April-27-2010 at 07:58 - IP Logged
View wackytobacky's Profile Search for other posts by wackytobacky Quote wackytobacky Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
wackytobacky
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-22-2010
7 Posts
I dont have a humidor, I used to, but it was lost along the way. I was planning on getting one as soon as I can manage to pick up a little extra money, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to smoke cigars either.

I used to smoke cigarettes so the cigars sre something I enjoy usually only on ocassion; or socially. I wanted a cigar that would be the best to hold onto for a while without being unsmokable.

Message posted by kwsaw63 on April-27-2010 at 11:47 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by wackytobacky on 27-April-2010
I dont have a humidor, I used to, but it was lost along the way. I was planning on getting one as soon as I can manage to pick up a little extra money, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to smoke cigars either.

I used to smoke cigarettes so the cigars sre something I enjoy usually only on ocassion; or socially. I wanted a cigar that would be the best to hold onto for a while without being unsmokable.
Given your circumstances, you should either just buy a few cigars in tubes or has been recommeded elsewhere in this forum, keep your cigars in a tupperware box with a small sponge to maintain humidity.

Message posted by Winchester on April-27-2010 at 16:56 - IP Logged
View Winchester's Profile Search for other posts by Winchester Quote Winchester Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Winchester
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-16-2010
102 Posts
I think the tupperware with the sponge suggestion is ingenious until you can get your hands on a humidor. The only other option is to only buy a couple at a time. Depending on how many/how often you plan on smoking, that might be the way to go.

Message posted by smokerhere on February-17-2014 at 06:07 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
Keep a humidor, amigo, and you won't have such problems!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register