Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  General Discussion

Subject Topic: Habanos Authenticity Check Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 90milestoCuba on June-11-2010 at 01:09 - IP Logged
View 90milestoCuba's Profile Search for other posts by 90milestoCuba Quote 90milestoCuba Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
90milestoCuba
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-22-2009
127 Posts

Cruising around on Habanos.com I noticed that they now have a webpage where you can verify if your box of stogies is authentic.  For all those who are in doubt check this link out and enter your box code: http://www.habanos.com/sellos?lang=en 

-----------------
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.
--Winston Churchill

Message posted by kwsaw63 on June-11-2010 at 05:41 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
445 Posts
Do note that it only works for boxes with the latest warranty seals that have a barcode, which came into use in 2009.

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by Clark on June-11-2010 at 12:54 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
Thanks for the link, 90milestoCuba...But I don't quite understand how it really works...Could you please explain??..The code from my box doesn't show anything..

Message posted by kwsaw63 on June-11-2010 at 14:51 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
445 Posts

The latest warranty seal (which is the green & white label on the left side of your box) has a barcode on the edge of it. You key in the barcode numbers into the web page to check if your box is authentic.

Please note it's only the latest seals (introduced in 2009) that have this barcode. Personally, I haven't seen any boxes with the new seals yet.

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by Spykurrs Jr. on June-12-2010 at 10:01 - IP Logged
View Spykurrs Jr.'s Profile Search for other posts by Spykurrs Jr. Quote Spykurrs Jr. Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Spykurrs Jr.
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
May-03-2009
171 Posts
I got a box of Behike 52's with the bar code on and I ran it through and it came back authentic.  Just enter the 5 digit and 7 digit number together and then click on the radio button that says entered manually (not scanned).  And if it is authentic it comes back and tells you, it has code numbers on it, but I couldn't tell you what they mean or what they represent or where they were distributed from.  i really didn't care just that they were the real deal.

-----------------
smoking a quality cigar is like smoking a rack of ribs, you have to do it low and SLOW.

Message posted by kwsaw63 on June-12-2010 at 11:38 - IP Logged
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
445 Posts
Spykurrs - Wow! Behike 52's! Hope to see a review on them from you in the near future!

-----------------

Message posted by Granito on June-12-2010 at 22:36 - IP Logged
View Granito's Profile Search for other posts by Granito Quote Granito Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Granito
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-07-2010
9 Posts

I have little test I use on cigars available on the streets. They are rarely authentic but some can be a decent smoke. Over the years I only ran into authentic ones a couple of times. I have also been taken by bad cigars from the government shops. When you buy the box, open it and do this little test. Take care when you buy your cigars in Cuba. 

Most are made with cuttings and are small chunks of tobacco. They have proper leaf over the chunks to disguise them. You can feel them and sometimes feel a few lumps. The best thing is to take a toothpick and pry a little out of the end of the cigar. If you pry out a chunk you know what they are.   

-----------------
Cigars are a hobby, not a habit

Message posted by 90milestoCuba on June-14-2010 at 06:39 - IP Logged
View 90milestoCuba's Profile Search for other posts by 90milestoCuba Quote 90milestoCuba Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
90milestoCuba
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-22-2009
127 Posts

Granito, love the signature.  So true, I keep on telling my wife that!    My intern bought some counterfit Cohibas in Cozumel while he was on a cruise.  They were Cohiba Lanceros Limited Edition 2010.  The band was a dead give away, poor alignment of the black and white check and of course Cohiba does not have a 2010 Limited Edition.  Habanos.com is a good reference is somthing looks suspicious.

-----------------
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles with it.
--Winston Churchill

Message posted by Granito on June-15-2010 at 04:00 - IP Logged
View Granito's Profile Search for other posts by Granito Quote Granito Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Granito
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-07-2010
9 Posts
When in Cuba last winter my satellite radio broke down. I was depending on a good quality AM radio and I could pick up one station from Florida. I don't recall the sign. They had a cigar program every thursday. People were calling in about new tax on cigars, anti-smoking laws, and all kinds of cigar issues. My signature was their moto. I have to give them credit.  

-----------------
Cigars are a hobby, not a habit

Message posted by iedgar10 on July-04-2011 at 01:42 - IP Logged
View iedgar10's Profile Search for other posts by iedgar10 Quote iedgar10 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
iedgar10
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-24-2011
6 Posts
Not to ressurect and old thread without reason but my box of Hoyo De Monterrey had the code removed. Is there a specific reason for that?

Message posted by iedgar10 on July-04-2011 at 01:55 - IP Logged
View iedgar10's Profile Search for other posts by iedgar10 Quote iedgar10 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
iedgar10
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-24-2011
6 Posts

I also tried the bar code for an pack of Epicure NO2 and it said
"Non registered code for Habanos S.A."

What am I doing wrong? I won't be happy until I see that I have an authentic product! lol I'm not the kinda to just believe without proof. It's my first order and I loved the shipping and everything else and I'd love to keep ordering.

Message posted by Camillo on July-04-2011 at 16:37 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
That is really good to know. I am just wondering if someone might try to get slick and duplicate the seal. You have to be careful and look at every detail.

Message posted by iedgar10 on July-06-2011 at 20:58 - IP Logged
iedgar10
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-24-2011
6 Posts
anybody going to answer my question? pleaseee?

Message posted by smokerhere on July-07-2011 at 11:08 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
Hi iedgar10,

Many vendors remove codes now for their safety as I know. Those barcodes that are printed on packs are nod valid for authenticity check on Habanos site.

Message posted by iedgar10 on July-09-2011 at 03:29 - IP Logged
iedgar10
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-24-2011
6 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smokerhere on 07-July-2011
Hi iedgar10,

Many vendors remove codes now for their safety as I know. Those barcodes that are printed on packs are nod valid for authenticity check on Habanos site.
Thanks! I eventually figured it out but I was sorta stressing at first because I was throughly excited yet I wanted to make sure I had legit things before I got TOOOO excited. hahah

Message posted by Director on July-27-2011 at 02:57 - IP Logged
View Director's Profile Search for other posts by Director Quote Director Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Director
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
July-19-2011
196 Posts
The box of Partagas Series D4 I just received had the bar code removed as well. According to Sonya (of MCC)they do that to protect themselves so that folks do not find their supplier (I suppose). It was not a big deal, but makes the authenticity check useless. However, these were definitely the "real deal". Great presentation, perfect in every way and an excellent smoke...no complaints at all...

-----------------
"I smoke in moderation...only one cigar at a time!" Mark Twain

Message posted by Masta on July-27-2011 at 18:01 - IP Logged
View Masta's Profile Search for other posts by Masta Quote Masta Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Masta
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-26-2007
141 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Director on 27-July-2011
The box of Partagas Series D4 I just received had the bar code removed as well. According to Sonya (of MCC)they do that to protect themselves so that folks do not find their supplier (I suppose). It was not a big deal, but makes the authenticity check useless. However, these were definitely the "real deal". Great presentation, perfect in every way and an excellent smoke...no complaints at all...

You'll get used to that soon :)
As you get more experienced with Cubans, you learn to understand if they are real or not just by cigar appearance and smell..

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register