Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Cigar Reviews

Subject Topic: How do you choose? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Stukkup on December-08-2011 at 20:48 - IP Logged
View Stukkup's Profile Search for other posts by Stukkup Quote Stukkup Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Stukkup
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-07-2011
35 Posts
I have read a few reviews and, whilst they are very well written,surely things like taste and aroma are very personal? What you find a pleasant taste I may not, so how do you choose which cigars to try from a review?

Message posted by kwsaw63 on December-09-2011 at 07:13 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts

Try the ones that sound like the type you may enjoy based on the review. Then compare your perception of the cigar versus the review, and you will be come more experienced and better at picking out the cigars you will enjoy based on other people's reviews.

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by Vivian on January-08-2012 at 00:14 - IP Logged
View Vivian's Profile Search for other posts by Vivian Quote Vivian Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Vivian
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-11-2011
39 Posts
I was really fortunate in that I had my husbands collection of very find Cuban cigars to choose from so I could sample anything I wanted! Now that I'm starting my own collection, I order cigars that others recommend or that piqued my interest based on reviews.

Message posted by Amelia on January-10-2012 at 16:17 - IP Logged
View Amelia's Profile Search for other posts by Amelia Quote Amelia Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Amelia
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-03-2012
25 Posts
Wow, Vivian you were lucky! I'm doing the trial and error method myself, basically as kwsaw63 outlined. I've done ok so far, with no major duds, but I haven't been smoking very long.

Message posted by drew on January-16-2012 at 05:40 - IP Logged
View drew's Profile Search for other posts by drew Quote drew Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
drew
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-16-2012
2 Posts
When I started out there where a couple sites that would sell personal boxes and you would pick 5-10 different cigars and this way you don't get stuck with a box you can't stand.

Message posted by JustRoll on January-24-2012 at 21:23 - IP Logged
View JustRoll's Profile Search for other posts by JustRoll Quote JustRoll Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
JustRoll
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-20-2012
27 Posts
I like the idea of being able to order a selection. I do not want the flavors or aromas to blend in with the others, so I'm wary of where I buy them. A reputable cigar seller would be careful to package them to keep his new customer satisfied and coming back for another purchase.

Message posted by Dallas on January-25-2012 at 22:39 - IP Logged
View Dallas's Profile Search for other posts by Dallas Quote Dallas Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Dallas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-17-2012
44 Posts
Most reviews I read have a pretty detailed description of the taste of the cigar. After trying several very different kinds, I figured out the qualities I look for in a cigar and I know the keywords I need to see in its description.

Message posted by SamF on February-23-2012 at 22:22 - IP Logged
View SamF's Profile Search for other posts by SamF Quote SamF Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SamF
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-22-2012
20 Posts
Once in a while I'll try a cigar that doesn't seem to be quite what I would expect, but usually I'm satisfied with my choices. You're always taking a bit of a chance when you try something new, but I think that's true with many things, not just cigars.

Message posted by smokerhere on October-29-2012 at 15:09 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
I pick the cigars with many good reviews that I know I should like based on their description.

Message posted by GiveMeaLight on November-13-2012 at 07:15 - IP Logged
View GiveMeaLight's Profile Search for other posts by GiveMeaLight Quote GiveMeaLight Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
GiveMeaLight
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-30-2012
13 Posts
A couple of us get together and will actually share a cigar we've ordered with the others in our group. On occasion, we've even puffed off the same cigar to see if it's one we really want to order. Hey, it works!

Message posted by Gary on December-15-2012 at 05:50 - IP Logged
View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary Quote Gary Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Gary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-26-2011
27 Posts
Select a few varieties you think you will like. Order them. Smoke them. You'll end up with favorites. Sometimes you just have to take the plunge. You won't make many mistakes.

Message posted by TonyC on March-14-2014 at 09:21 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
I usually choose a cigar based on my flavors' preferences and strength.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register