Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Cigar Reviews

Subject Topic: Cuaba Generosos Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kwsaw63 on March-28-2012 at 15:38 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Recently at my local Habanos cigar Lounge, I came across a few boxes of less popular brands that had been sitting there for a few years, but were still being sold at regular prices.

I took the opportunity to try a 2007 Cuaba Generosos. This was a vitola I'd been meaning to try for a long time. The Generosos is a Perfecto cigar (i.e. pointed at both ends) and is a type of cigar that was popular in the 19th century. Size is 5.2" x 42 and the wrapper is very rustic looking. Construction was good with an even burn throughout.

After clipping off the cap, I torched the foot (which took some practice due to the pointed foot) and took my first puff. Initially, there was not much smoke but as the burn went past the pointy bit, the volume of smoke picked up nicely.

After 5 years of aging, it was nice and smooth, with flavours of chocolate and roast coffee coming through. The finish was sweet and woody. Strength was mild at the start but got stronger as the cigar burnt down.

Overall, this was a very smooth and delicious cigar and I burnt my fingers on this one. I've got another one sitting in my humidor and I'm going to pick up a few more sticks before this patticular box is sold out.

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by TamPow on April-06-2012 at 17:19 - IP Logged
View TamPow's Profile Search for other posts by TamPow Quote TamPow Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TamPow
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-26-2007
61 Posts
Personally, I like more popular and expensive brands better. Cohibas sure taste better than Cuabas.

-----------------
if you just want to think, there's nothing better than taking a good cigar

Message posted by kwsaw63 on April-06-2012 at 17:25 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
It's all a matter of personal taste. For me the Cuaba was better value than a Cohiba.

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by J squared on April-08-2012 at 04:08 - IP Logged
View J squared's Profile Search for other posts by J squared Quote J squared Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
J squared
Gold Member
Gold Member

March-19-2007
228 Posts
Remove "linseo1790blog"

Message posted by Clark on April-03-2013 at 15:47 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
I never had the opportunity to taste a Cuaba Generosos but now that I read your review, I would consider smoking at least a couple of them.
Do you think they would get better with time or are they worth trying while young?

Message posted by johnstella on April-18-2013 at 12:31 - IP Logged
View johnstella's Profile Search for other posts by johnstella Quote johnstella Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
johnstella
Standard Member
Standard Member
Costa Rica
April-14-2013
6 Posts
Thats right than everyone has its own taste but 2007 Cuaba Generosos is a very old cigar type and it would be of great value and taste. I want to try it out.

Message posted by kwsaw63 on April-23-2013 at 11:42 - IP Logged
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Clark on April-03-2013
I never had the opportunity to taste a Cuaba Generosos but now that I read your review, I would consider smoking at least a couple of them.
Do you think they would get better with time or are they worth trying while young?
Never has a young one but I would think they would be better with a few years of age on them.

-----------------

Message posted by Penelopa on June-25-2013 at 08:49 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
It's a quite young brand but it is good - as an everyday smoking choice. And, as it comes from its name, this is a very generous cigar when it comes to aroma and taste. Nice review, kwsaw63, as always.

Message posted by RodTheCarGuy on June-26-2013 at 23:39 - IP Logged
View RodTheCarGuy's Profile Search for other posts by RodTheCarGuy Quote RodTheCarGuy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
RodTheCarGuy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-04-2012
26 Posts

I'm sitting here right now enjoying my first Cuaba Distinguidos, which is larger (6 2/5" and 52 ring).  I just received two boxes of ten from MyCubanCigars about 9 days ago or so.

It's a SEP 2012 and I believe it's too young.  Flavor is not there yet, and it keeps going out on me.  But the aroma when I opened the box was HEAVEN.

I think I'll give it another few years before I smoke the other 19 of them.

I've got a 2007 box of 25 of the Hoyo De Monterey double coronas that I'll be trying soon.

Also have several other boxes of Cubans about the same age of various brands/sizes.  I've got 28 of Cohiba Siglo VI's that are 2007.  Never really liked them (I know, I must  be weird) but will try another one soon.

Just had one of my 2006 Romey Y Julietta petit coronas the other day, and it was GREAT.

Message posted by kwsaw63 on June-27-2013 at 22:25 - IP Logged
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Rod, try dry boxing the Cuaba's for a better burn. You may want to smoke 1 stick every 6 months or so to see how they are progressing.

-----------------

Message posted by RodTheCarGuy on June-29-2013 at 00:41 - IP Logged
View RodTheCarGuy's Profile Search for other posts by RodTheCarGuy Quote RodTheCarGuy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
RodTheCarGuy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-04-2012
26 Posts

Thanks kwsaw63.  I know just enough about Cuban cigars to get myself in trouble.  LOL!! 

So...what is "dry boxing"?  I assume you mean storing them at a little less humidity.  That would make sense.

Rod

Message posted by kwsaw63 on June-30-2013 at 18:33 - IP Logged
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Yes dry boxing means taking the cigar out of the humidor and leaving it a lower humidity environment for about 24 hours.

-----------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register