Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Cigar Reviews

Subject Topic: Cohiba Behike Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kwsaw63 on April-09-2012 at 10:32 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts

Last night I was fortunate enough to try a Cohiba Behike 56. This is the largest of the 3 Behikes at 6.5" x 56 and is a good 90 minute smoke.

As to be expected at this price point, the construction was flawless, with an even burn and an ash that held for about 2". Draw was good throughout was mouthfuls of creamy smoke with each puff. At no point was a relight or touch-up required.

The 1st third produces a delicate spiciness with creamy coffee latte flavour. This is a vey smooth cigar! In the 2nd third, the sweetness of the coffee & cream is replaced by woody, grassy flavours - a typical Cohiba flavour profile. The final third is similar to the 2nd third and the flavour profile doesn't really evolve.

Overall, I must say that this was a very enjoyable cigar. It was very smooth and had the typical Cohiba flavour profile but with a touch more sweetness. However at >$50 per stick, it is not good value. I certainly won't buy a box or even a single; but I'd happily smoke it if I was gifted one :)

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by TonyC on June-20-2012 at 12:51 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
I'm pretty sure that any cigar smoker would agree that the Cohiba Behike are probably one of the best line of cigars (including 56).

Message posted by Clark on July-10-2012 at 17:27 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
Never had chance to smoke a Cohiba Behike but after your review, kwsaw63, I might consider finally having one - it sounds so tasty!

Message posted by kwsaw63 on July-11-2012 at 13:09 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Clark - It was tasty but the high price puts me off buying them. In absolute terms, v few cigars I've tried can come close but other cigars are better value.

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by TonyC on October-01-2012 at 16:42 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
The Cohiba Behike line is crazy good!

Message posted by b0bby on October-11-2012 at 14:13 - IP Logged
View b0bby's Profile Search for other posts by b0bby Quote b0bby Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
b0bby
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-16-2008
112 Posts
You're so lucky, kwsaw63, I almost envy you - to smoke a Cohiba Behike, and to enjoy it - you're a happy person

Message posted by corybird on December-05-2012 at 16:28 - IP Logged
View corybird's Profile Search for other posts by corybird Quote corybird Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
corybird
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
38 Posts
I don't know if a Cohiba Behike will be in my cigar budget any time soon, but it's high on my list of cigars I would like to try some day. I figure we have to save our rewards for later and have something to dream about. That's what I do with cars and other toys.

Message posted by Gary on December-18-2012 at 04:24 - IP Logged
View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary Quote Gary Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Gary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-26-2011
27 Posts
I'm saving the really expensive cigars like the Cohiba Behike brand for when I get older. I figure I'll have more money by then and not feel guilty. Besides, I'd hate to spoil myself and have to return to a lower quality brand after I've tasted the best.

Message posted by Anjy on January-03-2013 at 16:18 - IP Logged
View Anjy's Profile Search for other posts by Anjy Quote Anjy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Anjy
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-26-2007
282 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Gary on December-18-2012
I'm saving the really expensive cigars like the Cohiba Behike brand for when I get older. I figure I'll have more money by then and not feel guilty. Besides, I'd hate to spoil myself and have to return to a lower quality brand after I've tasted the best.

Makes sence, LOL

Message posted by Anjy on January-03-2013 at 16:23 - IP Logged
View Anjy's Profile Search for other posts by Anjy Quote Anjy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Anjy
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-26-2007
282 Posts
Fair review, kwsaw63. I do enjoy the line too, but I wish they were more affordable.
If anybody wants to send me a couple - you're welcome
The Behikes are officially included in my gift list!

Message posted by Penelopa on February-18-2013 at 13:04 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
I had the opportunity to smoke this piece of heave once. What can I say? Words are not enough to say how much I liked that beauty and am eager to try even more in future.

Message posted by Fin290672 on May-23-2013 at 07:15 - IP Logged
View Fin290672's Profile Search for other posts by Fin290672 Quote Fin290672 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fin290672
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
November-14-2007
57 Posts
Nice review, kwsaw63. Thank you!
As to the Cohiba behike line, I tried both BHK 54 and BHK 56, and I didn't like them. Maybe, they were too young for me at that moment??

Message posted by kwsaw63 on May-29-2013 at 22:18 - IP Logged
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Fin290672 on May-23-2013
As to the Cohiba behike line, I tried both BHK 54 and BHK 56, and I didn't like them. Maybe, they were too young for me at that moment??
Yes, they might be a bit young or going through a 'sick' period. It also could be that the Behikes are simply not the flavour profile you like. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

-----------------

Message posted by Fin290672 on May-31-2013 at 05:38 - IP Logged
View Fin290672's Profile Search for other posts by Fin290672 Quote Fin290672 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fin290672
Standard Member
Standard Member
Germany
November-14-2007
57 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by kwsaw63 on May-29-2013
Quote: Originally posted by Fin290672 on May-23-2013

Yes, they might be a bit young or going through a 'sick' period. It also could be that the Behikes are simply not the flavour profile you like. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

It's quite possible that I won't enjoy them in the future, as well, since I tend to smoke mostly mild to medium bodied stogies, and these ones are a little bit too strong for me.
Thanks for the advise,kwsaw63. You're helpful, as always!

Message posted by kwsaw63 on June-04-2013 at 00:06 - IP Logged
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
If you like mild to medium smokes, have you tried the Hoyo De Monterrey Petit Robustos and Epicure No.2?

-----------------

Message posted by smokerhere on July-08-2013 at 03:19 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
Behikes are the best, royal cigars!

Message posted by Carlos on August-21-2013 at 06:39 - IP Logged
View Carlos's Profile Search for other posts by Carlos Quote Carlos Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Carlos
Standard Member
Standard Member
Mexico
August-12-2013
27 Posts
Thakn you for your review! I decided to order some Behikes..

Message posted by Penelopa on September-09-2013 at 05:07 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
You won't regret it, Carlos, I promise!

Quote: Originally posted by Carlos on August-21-2013
Thakn you for your review! I decided to order some Behikes..

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register