Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Cigar Reviews

Subject Topic: H.Upmann Majestic Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kwsaw63 on April-22-2010 at 11:45 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts

I picked up an April 08 box of these at the airport duty free about a year ago and have been steadily smoking my way through them (now down to my last 7 sticks). As they were relatively inexpensive (MCC sells these for $108 a box of 25), these are the cigars I tend to hand out to friends, etc. (a third of the box went up in smoke at my company's annual getaway!)

From memory, those earlier sticks were well constructed, drew well and had few burn issues. They produced lots of toasty smoke with each puff.

I hadn't smoked any for a few months and yesterday, I decided to smoke one after dinner before letting the remaining 6 sticks age for at least 1 year before I smoked them again.

After lighting the cigar, the initial puff produced ample smoke and the draw continued to be ok for the 1st 3rd. Halfway through the 2nd 3rd, the draw started to get a bit tight but still ok. The burn also started to get uneven after the 1st 3rd and I had to touch it up a couple of times.

Flavour wise, it started off spicy but slightly harsh. I would say that this is a medium bodied cigar. It got a bit creamier in the final 3rd but the slight harshness persisted throughout the smoke. Clearly, it will benefit from more aging (from other reviews I've read, the recommended aging for the Majestic is 5 to 8 years, so clearly I've still got some way to go!).

Overall, a decent affordable cigar. I'm looking forward to trying another stick this time next year

Message posted by TonyC on April-22-2010 at 18:04 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Nice Thanks for the great review! I haven't tried these yet..

Message posted by Dave K on April-22-2010 at 20:35 - IP Logged
View Dave K's Profile Search for other posts by Dave K Quote Dave K Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Dave K
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
January-13-2009
390 Posts
Thanks for the review.  I'm liking Upmann cigars more and more.  I may have to seek out a box of these.

-----------------
Dave

Message posted by kwsaw63 on April-23-2010 at 02:18 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Dave, I would say the Majestic was a better smoke than the 2 Montecristo Open Eagles I had recently. Those had a loose draw and were just bland taste-wise. But then again, I've never had a montecristo I've liked.

Message posted by Dave K on April-23-2010 at 17:00 - IP Logged
View Dave K's Profile Search for other posts by Dave K Quote Dave K Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Dave K
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
January-13-2009
390 Posts
Thanks for the info Kwsaw63!  I still have yet to try the Open line.  The mixed reviews I've seen have me on the fence.

-----------------
Dave

Message posted by kwsaw63 on April-23-2010 at 17:32 - IP Logged
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't bother unless you score a freebie or you get them at a discount. I have 1 more stick of the Open Eagle in my humi that I'm going to age for another 6 months. Not very hopeful it'll improve much though.

Message posted by smokerhere on January-13-2014 at 03:32 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
I'll more closely into those, have always ordered the Magnum 46

Message posted by smalljack on January-21-2014 at 03:08 - IP Logged
View smalljack's Profile Search for other posts by smalljack Quote smalljack Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smalljack
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
November-04-2013
11 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, kwsaw63.
Any cigar you smoke sounds so yummy and tempting, according to your words, that my only wish is to smoke it immediately!

Message posted by smalljack on January-21-2014 at 03:14 - IP Logged
View smalljack's Profile Search for other posts by smalljack Quote smalljack Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smalljack
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
November-04-2013
11 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, kwsaw63.
Any cigar you smoke sounds so yummy and tempting that my only wish is to smoke it immediately!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register