Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Cigar Reviews

Subject Topic: Cigars at a wedding Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kayjun on December-28-2010 at 08:55 - IP Logged
View kayjun's Profile Search for other posts by kayjun Quote kayjun Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kayjun
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-03-2010
15 Posts

Well after a few short (12) years of courtship I have decided to make my gal an honest woman....and for our wedding I plan on handing out cigars with custom bands. Here is my question: Has anyone tried a Quintero or Guantanamera cigar? They seem to be a budget cuban smoke and wondered about quality? I'm sure 90% of the folks who will be handed these dont normally smoke cigars and therefore dont feel the need to carelessly give out a couple hundred Siglo IV's or Epicure 2's...... any suggestions?

Also I plan on having my teenaged daugter's friends offer them to guests, should I also have these young ladies offer to make a cut? There will be a smoking area outside

-----------------
Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!

Message posted by xxx01 on December-28-2010 at 14:47 - IP Logged
View xxx01's Profile Search for other posts by xxx01 Quote xxx01 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xxx01
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
February-02-2007
308 Posts
To tell the truth, I haven't heard/read many good reviews on the Guantanameras. Why don't you go for Fonsecas? they are just good for newbies and quite enjoyable for more experienced smokers as well. Quinteros should be fine too.
I agree, there's no point of giving out somethig expensive in this case.

As regards little ladies smoking... Yes, that might be fun, but moms will object
Well, you can light a cigar and let them all try a puff. You'll have their recognition and doubtless respect after that, of course

Message posted by Jennie on December-30-2010 at 13:41 - IP Logged
View Jennie's Profile Search for other posts by Jennie Quote Jennie Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Jennie
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-18-2010
20 Posts
I agree with xxx01 - choose a cigar that is suitable for newbies. It's a great idea, BTW, to give cigars at your wedding, but as a newbie myself I know I'd appreciate the gesture more if I could enjoy the cigar - hence the importance of your choice for newbies.

You could perhaps have a few more "acquired taste" cigars for more experienced smokers.

I'm not so sure about the young girls distributing the cigars . . . best ask the parents first. Also, check with your daughter - it might not seem like a cool idea to her.

-----------------
Jennie

Message posted by cobra03 on December-30-2010 at 17:07 - IP Logged
View cobra03's Profile Search for other posts by cobra03 Quote cobra03 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
cobra03
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
April-22-2008
60 Posts
Yeah i would stay clear of the Guantanamera cigars not the best IMHO. I handed out Flor de Canos Selectos. They are decent handmade mild cigars that everyone seemed to like and they are easy on the wallet. I handed them out myself when i was going around talking to everyone. 

-----------------
"Gentlemen, you may proceed to smoke."

Message posted by xumxum on January-06-2011 at 21:41 - IP Logged
View xumxum's Profile Search for other posts by xumxum Quote xumxum Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xumxum
Standard Member
Standard Member
Kenya
January-05-2011
20 Posts
The idea to get something to take care of the newbies is a good idea.I have heard that the Quintero cigars are quite mild so can they possibly be good for newbies?

-----------------
cwemoy

Message posted by masonluraa on January-10-2011 at 11:27 - IP Logged
View masonluraa's Profile Search for other posts by masonluraa Visit masonluraa's Homepage Quote masonluraa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
masonluraa
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-10-2011
1 Posts
In wedding ceremony everybody should cheer up with food, drinks and also smoke. Your planning is good for your guest.

Message posted by Camillo on February-14-2011 at 16:23 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
How big is your wedding going to be, and how much will you be willing to spend on cigars? That might help answer the question a little...

Message posted by kayjun on February-15-2011 at 08:45 - IP Logged
View kayjun's Profile Search for other posts by kayjun Quote kayjun Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kayjun
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-03-2010
15 Posts

I am expecting about 250 people...125 male guests...and id like to spend less than 4$ a stick.....also wondering where to get custom bands made?

-----------------

Message posted by Anjy on February-15-2011 at 12:39 - IP Logged
View Anjy's Profile Search for other posts by Anjy Quote Anjy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Anjy
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-26-2007
282 Posts
Hi kayjun! When is this great occasion planned for?
And, by the way, glad to hear that after short 12 years your relationship is strong enough to make you wanna get married

For your 125 male guests, I would recommend choosing something from petit coronas or tres petit coronas. Maybe a few kinds. Here are some inexpensive ones: Fonseca Delicias, Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs, Flor de Cano Petit Corona, H. Upmann Regalias or Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas... I think something from this list should be fine.
Have a good party!!!

Message posted by Gerome on February-22-2011 at 14:53 - IP Logged
View Gerome's Profile Search for other posts by Gerome Quote Gerome Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Gerome
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-21-2011
20 Posts

mmmm. I like the #4  for the beginner, but they are more than your budget. Nice cigar though. Excellent for the beginner.  price is 25 for 199.00.

Jose L Piedra is in your budget. You can get 25 brevas for 60 bucks.

Congratulations on the wedding. You enjoy your day!

Message posted by Brandy on February-27-2011 at 22:46 - IP Logged
View Brandy's Profile Search for other posts by Brandy Quote Brandy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Brandy
Standard Member
Standard Member

February-27-2011
5 Posts
I like the idea, but are you including the ladies too? There are a few of us who enjoy it. You can get custom bands online, just google personalized candy wrappers or favors.

Message posted by HunterS on March-01-2011 at 04:38 - IP Logged
View HunterS's Profile Search for other posts by HunterS Quote HunterS Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
HunterS
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-21-2011
20 Posts
I think it's a really cool idea and definitely an origianl one! You definitely want to check with the girl's parents though before having them pass out cigars some might object.

Message posted by kayjun on March-17-2011 at 03:16 - IP Logged
kayjun
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-03-2010
15 Posts

Thanks for all the suggestios.....I've purchased some Punch Coronations for my Cigar Smokers......and will likely get some very mild Dominicans for the Lady's and lightweights....

-----------------

Message posted by SkipFlash on March-31-2011 at 09:29 - IP Logged
View SkipFlash's Profile Search for other posts by SkipFlash Quote SkipFlash Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
SkipFlash
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-14-2011
29 Posts
Congratulations kayjun and I wish you the best of luck.
It sounds like you made great choices. I would have recommended romeo y Julietta, for the romantic touch.
How did it turn out?

Message posted by bigmike on June-03-2011 at 01:24 - IP Logged
View bigmike's Profile Search for other posts by bigmike Quote bigmike Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
bigmike
Standard Member
Standard Member

May-24-2011
11 Posts
I hate to say it... I've never seen a woman smoke a cigar before in my life. I think you will have a good showing with the gentlemen at this wedding though. Romeo y Juelietta are superb cigars. I had them for the first time at a bar in the city and I still remember it today.

Message posted by palin on June-03-2011 at 17:48 - IP Logged
View palin's Profile Search for other posts by palin Quote palin Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
palin
Standard Member
Standard Member

June-03-2011
5 Posts
I think you really need to recommend an Arturo Afuente here. Plus, where’s the Romeo y Juliete and/or Punch recommendation? Both brands are easy to find, are relatively inexpensive, and most beginners usually appreciate one of these mild smokes.

Message posted by kayjun on July-17-2011 at 07:14 - IP Logged
kayjun
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-03-2010
15 Posts
Yeah, I went ahead and got some Romeo #1's to hand out to...thanks for the advice

-----------------

Message posted by smokerhere on July-18-2011 at 14:12 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
good choise kayjun. Let us know what your guests think about them!

Congrats btw!

Message posted by Director on August-16-2011 at 07:29 - IP Logged
View Director's Profile Search for other posts by Director Quote Director Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Director
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
July-19-2011
196 Posts
Ok, time to let us all know what happened at the reception? We are waiting with cigars in hand and ready to light up...so tell us..how did it go?

-----------------
"I smoke in moderation...only one cigar at a time!" Mark Twain

Message posted by kayjun on December-09-2011 at 04:30 - IP Logged
kayjun
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-03-2010
15 Posts
Sorry for the long wait to reply...but i began a new job, got married, and went on a kickass honeymoon....The cigars were a HUGE success, especially the Cuban Romeo's......great cigar...I'm ordering more for me!!

-----------------