Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Humidors and Cigar Storage

Subject Topic: Old Walnut Humidor - Still OK? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by RobertoKay on October-29-2011 at 20:24 - IP Logged
View RobertoKay's Profile Search for other posts by RobertoKay Quote RobertoKay Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
RobertoKay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-28-2011
20 Posts
While poking around my workshop today I spotted a vintage wooded humidor that I have had for a long time. it's just a wood box with tin metal lining. I don't see any provision for a sponge or anything to add moisture. It looks pretty cool. Old timey. Good enough for now anyway. :)
RK

Message posted by Carmela on October-30-2011 at 16:13 - IP Logged
View Carmela's Profile Search for other posts by Carmela Quote Carmela Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Carmela
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-11-2011
65 Posts
That looks very nice, but I am a sucker for vintage items. Keep us updated on how well this humidor still works. Don't you love it, when you dig around, and find something you forgot about?

Message posted by RobertoKay on October-30-2011 at 17:34 - IP Logged
View RobertoKay's Profile Search for other posts by RobertoKay Quote RobertoKay Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
RobertoKay
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-28-2011
20 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Carmela on 30-October-2011
That looks very nice, but I am a sucker for vintage items. Keep us updated on how well this humidor still works. Don't you love it, when you dig around, and find something you forgot about?

Yes it is fun. Brings back memories of simpler times. One time I bought an antique desk that had a very old cigar, one of the "It' A Boy" types. Still in cellophane and very fragile, and I believe it was very old too. It was a common 5 cent type. Sold it on eBay!
RK

Message posted by Camillo on October-30-2011 at 22:38 - IP Logged
View Camillo's Profile Search for other posts by Camillo Quote Camillo Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Camillo
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
February-11-2011
145 Posts
Yes it is fun. Brings back memories of simpler times. One time I bought an antique desk that had a very old cigar, one of the "It' A Boy" types. Still in cellophane and very fragile, and I believe it was very old too. It was a common 5 cent type. Sold it on eBay!
RK

Just wondering - how much did you get for it, RK?  Did you sell the items separately, or did you sell it all as a packaged deal?

Message posted by corybird on February-22-2012 at 22:16 - IP Logged
View corybird's Profile Search for other posts by corybird Quote corybird Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
corybird
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
38 Posts
I love this story. I also wonder how that little boy for whom the cigar was a birth announcement has fared. Wonder how old he is now. Does he smoke fine Cuban cigars? Does he even know his dad handed them out?

Message posted by Leroy on June-01-2012 at 17:06 - IP Logged
View Leroy's Profile Search for other posts by Leroy Quote Leroy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Leroy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
40 Posts
My wife has a silver chest that looks a lot like that box. I wonder if I could convert it into a humidor. She wouldn't like it, I'm sure. It's just a thought. You have a really great piece of history there, too.

Message posted by smokerhere on August-14-2013 at 04:21 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
Is there a humidifier? You should buy one if there isn't.

Message posted by TonyC on August-26-2013 at 04:23 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Hello RobertoKay!

I don't see your pictures anymore. Could you please post them once more?

Thank you.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register