Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Humidors and Cigar Storage

Subject Topic: Humidor bag review Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Fabs on December-24-2011 at 17:47 - IP Logged
View Fabs's Profile Search for other posts by Fabs Quote Fabs Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fabs
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-27-2011
50 Posts
I've been experimenting with the Arturo Fuente humidor bags and they seem to work really well. They are supposed to keep your cigars for a period of 6 months. I've used one for 3 months while traveling internationally between humid and dry climates and my sticks are still as perfect as when I took them from my home humidor.

Message posted by DanelloBain on December-24-2011 at 23:03 - IP Logged
View DanelloBain's Profile Search for other posts by DanelloBain Quote DanelloBain Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
DanelloBain
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-24-2011
25 Posts
What are these then? They sound like a plastic bag type thing like you would keep sandwiches in but I'm thinking that they must be more complex than that!

Message posted by Fabs on December-25-2011 at 16:09 - IP Logged
View Fabs's Profile Search for other posts by Fabs Quote Fabs Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fabs
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-27-2011
50 Posts
Here is a picture:

They just zip up. They only last for 6 months once you open them because the bag lining itself controls the moisture and once that's saturated, it won't work for your cigars anymore.

Message posted by Fabs on December-25-2011 at 16:13 - IP Logged
Fabs
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-27-2011
50 Posts
There is also a bag made called Humidipak. I picked up a few of them but have not yet tried them so I can't say if they work or not. Once I have tried the Humidipak for a few months I'll return and report.

Message posted by DanelloBain on December-25-2011 at 17:51 - IP Logged
View DanelloBain's Profile Search for other posts by DanelloBain Quote DanelloBain Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
DanelloBain
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-24-2011
25 Posts
Thanks for the extra information. It's hard to get your head around all the different paraphernalia that a cigar smoker needs.I thought all I'd need would be a cigar and lighter!

Message posted by Stukkup on December-25-2011 at 17:56 - IP Logged
View Stukkup's Profile Search for other posts by Stukkup Quote Stukkup Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Stukkup
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-07-2011
35 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by DanelloBain on December-25-2011
Thanks for the extra information. It's hard to get your head around all the different paraphernalia that a cigar smoker needs.I thought all I'd need would be a cigar and lighter!

Believe me, so did I, but this forum will give you all the information you need. I'm still reading through all of the posts on here to see if there is anything I have missed!

Message posted by xxx01 on December-26-2011 at 12:07 - IP Logged
View xxx01's Profile Search for other posts by xxx01 Quote xxx01 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
xxx01
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
February-02-2007
308 Posts
Hmm.. Haven't seen these bags in UK. Maybe I just need to do more search though. I do have a travel humidor and was pretty happy with it so far.

Message posted by Winchester on February-08-2012 at 22:47 - IP Logged
View Winchester's Profile Search for other posts by Winchester Quote Winchester Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Winchester
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-16-2010
102 Posts
I'm glad I saw this because I travel a lot and this looks perfect for me when I'm on the road. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on one before my next big trip.

Message posted by corybird on February-28-2012 at 15:37 - IP Logged
View corybird's Profile Search for other posts by corybird Quote corybird Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
corybird
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
38 Posts
The bags are interesting from a graphics point of view, in addition to be functional. I've had a love affair with cigar boxes since I was a kid. We used to have to keep out school supplies in them. The bags bring that feeling back to me.

Message posted by Maisey on May-29-2012 at 00:34 - IP Logged
View Maisey's Profile Search for other posts by Maisey Quote Maisey Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Maisey
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
37 Posts
I saw some of these cigar humidor bags awhile ago when I was vacationing. I thought they were unusual at the time and just a brand of packaging. It didn't occur to me that they were humidors. They were eye-catching, to say the least.

Message posted by b0bby on October-21-2013 at 07:22 - IP Logged
View b0bby's Profile Search for other posts by b0bby Quote b0bby Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
b0bby
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-16-2008
112 Posts
Seems they are working for you but not for me. I bought a couple of them once when I was traveling to Asia, and a lot of my sticks dried out since those bags didn't seem to work properly.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register