Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Humidors and Cigar Storage

Subject Topic: Newbie advice for buying a humidor? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by CigarMike on August-12-2012 at 21:30 - IP Logged
View CigarMike's Profile Search for other posts by CigarMike Quote CigarMike Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
CigarMike
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-09-2012
20 Posts
I'm looking to purchase one that will last me a while, but, I really don't know much about them.

What do I need to look for in terms of quality of construction and how well they preserve my cigars?

What other advice can you give me for purchasing the right humidor, for a newbie, that will be a solid investment?

Message posted by TonyC on August-15-2012 at 12:53 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Get something decent with a good seal (this is essential). Quality Importers humidors are some of the best ones made that are affordable. The analog gauge is often inaccurate, so invest in a $20 digital hygrometer that allows you to calibrate it.

Solid Spanish cedar interior lining is good since cedar is porous and is able to hold a substantial amount of moisture.

Message posted by kwsaw63 on August-15-2012 at 13:58 - IP Logged
View kwsaw63's Profile Search for other posts by kwsaw63 Quote kwsaw63 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
kwsaw63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Singapore
April-08-2010
447 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by TonyC on August-15-2012
Get something decent with a good seal (this is essential). Quality Importers humidors are some of the best ones made that are affordable. The analog gauge is often inaccurate, so invest in a $20 digital hygrometer that allows you to calibrate it.

Solid Spanish cedar interior lining is good since cedar is porous and is able to hold a substantial amount of moisture.
Good advice.

-----------------
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill

Message posted by FleaBite on November-27-2012 at 17:07 - IP Logged
View FleaBite's Profile Search for other posts by FleaBite Quote FleaBite Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
FleaBite
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-16-2012
21 Posts
Don't buy the first humidor you see. You'll end up seeing another one and another one you want, but they can be expensive. Take your time and get one you really want to display in your home.

Message posted by Gary on December-12-2012 at 16:54 - IP Logged
View Gary's Profile Search for other posts by Gary Quote Gary Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Gary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-26-2011
27 Posts
Do take your time and buy the one that is right for you, even if you have to spend more money than you thought. Remember it's your fine cigars you'll be putting in it, and your taste will go up in price.

Message posted by Clark on February-27-2013 at 14:50 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
The key to a successful humidor is the material it was built from and the quantity of cigars it will be able to hold. The main material should be cedar wood, and the quantity depends on your preferences.
Good luck!

Message posted by b0bby on May-07-2013 at 07:38 - IP Logged
View b0bby's Profile Search for other posts by b0bby Quote b0bby Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
b0bby
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-16-2008
112 Posts
I like them wooden and large. Everything else doesn't really matter to me.

Message posted by Penelopa on July-02-2013 at 08:30 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
I think you should visit your local tobacconist, I'm sure he'll be able to tell you much more than we can.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register