Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Humidors and Cigar Storage

Subject Topic: Humidor as Christmas gift Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by corybird on November-30-2012 at 17:59 - IP Logged
View corybird's Profile Search for other posts by corybird Quote corybird Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
corybird
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
38 Posts
I've decided to give my father-in-law a humidor this Christmas. He's slowly become a smoker over the past year and is beginning to enjoy it. I'm trying to decide how to approach what smokes will go in it.

Message posted by Penelopa on December-06-2012 at 16:07 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
If you want to order your humidor on-line, you will notice that they often divide them into such sections as Small, Medium and Large. Choose any section, and you'll see that small humidors usually contain from 25 to 50 cigars, the medium ones are designed to hold up to 100 cigars, and the largest boxes would give room to about 200 cigars.

Message posted by Penelopa on December-06-2012 at 16:09 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Penelopa on December-06-2012
If you want to order your humidor on-line, you will notice that they often divide them into such sections as Small, Medium and Large. Choose any section, and you'll see that small humidors usually contain from 25 to 50 cigars, the medium ones are designed to hold up to 100 cigars, and the largest boxes would give room to about 200 cigars.

Oh, and by the way, ask him how many cigars he smokes, per month and how often he is ordering them, as well as in which quantities. That should also help you decide what to choose. Good Luck!

Message posted by Dallas on December-06-2012 at 16:32 - IP Logged
View Dallas's Profile Search for other posts by Dallas Quote Dallas Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Dallas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-17-2012
44 Posts
That sounds like a great way to make your father-in-law happy this Christmas! I would follow Penelopa's advice and ask a few questions (if you don't already know the answers). That information will help you fine tune this just for his tastes.

Message posted by Clark on December-10-2012 at 11:26 - IP Logged
View Clark's Profile Search for other posts by Clark Quote Clark Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Clark
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
April-01-2009
238 Posts
A good humidor is one of the best gifts for a cigar smoker - just make sure you buy him a high-quality one, of a medium size.

Message posted by corybird on December-10-2012 at 20:09 - IP Logged
View corybird's Profile Search for other posts by corybird Quote corybird Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
corybird
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2012
38 Posts
I took the advice here and ordered a medium one. I figured I couldn't go wrong with that size. I didn't ask him ahead how many he smokes per month because I didn't want him to know what he might be getting for Christmas. Thanks, everyone!

Message posted by Leroy on December-12-2012 at 16:50 - IP Logged
View Leroy's Profile Search for other posts by Leroy Quote Leroy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Leroy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-22-2012
40 Posts
Medium would be the way I would go, too. I wish I were getting a cigar humidor for Christmas. The only way that would happen is for me to buy it myself. That's not a bad idea.

Message posted by TonyC on December-12-2012 at 17:17 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
If I were to be given a humidor for Christmas, I would choose this one

It has a pipe stand, besides a glass humidor - and though I'm not a pipe smoker, it looks perfect - an ideal gift for everyone who enjoys tobacco items.

Message posted by smokerhere on September-18-2013 at 03:04 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
Christmas is coming, I wish my son would give me a humidor too, but I guess I have to wait, because he's only 10

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register