Buy Cuban Cigars Online

Think of us as your cigars online shop on the Web! We offer savings on cigars.

cuban man
cuban cigars smoke

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Humidors and Cigar Storage

Subject Topic: Great Humidors Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rangerider on October-09-2008 at 18:06 - IP Logged
View rangerider's Profile Search for other posts by rangerider Quote rangerider Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
rangerider
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
September-30-2008
109 Posts
About 15 years ago, I purchased a Davidoff #1 Humidor (140-170 cigars) for around $2,500. A huge sum of money for cigar storage, but I had some really expensive cigars, Partagas 150s, I wanted to preserve. That humidor has been keeping my cigars at 65-70% humidity for all these years and I only have to fill it with distilled water every 2 months or so.
I recently purchased a Cuban Crafters end table style humidor on eBay for storing boxes of cigars for $350 plus shipping. I was amazed at the quality for the money, even though they are made in China. With the addition of a Cigar Oasis XL Plus humidfyer, I now have great box storage for 400+ cigars.
Do yourself a favor get a Davidoff or Elie Bleu humidor so you can sleep in peace.

-----------------
A great cigar is a great memory!

Message posted by Anjy on October-24-2008 at 17:32 - IP Logged
View Anjy's Profile Search for other posts by Anjy Quote Anjy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Anjy
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-26-2007
282 Posts
yeap, better spend more on a good humidor than have all those troubles with low quality items.

Message posted by smokerhere on January-13-2014 at 03:31 - IP Logged
View smokerhere's Profile Search for other posts by smokerhere Quote smokerhere Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smokerhere
Standard Member
Standard Member

October-17-2007
161 Posts
I prefer Cuban-made humidors, although Zino humidors are also good.

Message posted by smalljack on January-21-2014 at 02:27 - IP Logged
View smalljack's Profile Search for other posts by smalljack Quote smalljack Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
smalljack
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
November-04-2013
11 Posts
for around $2,500
Oh, My! Those cigars should have been really expensive if you decided to buy such humidor. However, if it served you for 15 years, then it was definitely worth the money. I guess it is much more expensive nowadays.

Message posted by Penelopa on January-28-2014 at 07:53 - IP Logged
View Penelopa's Profile Search for other posts by Penelopa Quote Penelopa Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Penelopa
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
March-05-2009
302 Posts
That is a huge sum of money to spend on a humidor, in my opinion. Though I understand that an aficionado would do whatever he/she has to do to protect his stogies and make them last as long as possible.

Message posted by TonyC on March-14-2014 at 09:23 - IP Logged
View TonyC's Profile Search for other posts by TonyC Quote TonyC Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Italy
February-09-2007
220 Posts
Hello rangerider, I hope that humidor is still functioning. It's a ton of money, that's why it should be almost immortal.

Message posted by Fernando on August-11-2014 at 10:45 - IP Logged
View Fernando's Profile Search for other posts by Fernando Quote Fernando Send Private Message Add to Buddy List
Fernando
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-07-2013
5 Posts
with the temp being super hot in central california, im going to invest in a wineador to keep them moist and cool.

-----------------
R con R cigarro.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register